PDA

View Full Version : Compucarve selling advice please!! Price?? - SOLD

bernieb
08-19-2010, 07:45 PM
I acquired this machine about two weeks ago and have decided to sell it. I thought I would like to list it here first before trying the big auction site. I would like to know from some of you on this forum what you think a fair price would be for the equipment listed below. The machine appears to be in excellent condition and shows very little signs of being used. The usage meter shows only about 3 hours total on time and Zero (0) cutting time. I have been unable to get the machine to cut anything as I keep getting “clear board sensor” error even though the sensor check gives me a reading of 108 on a piece of pine and 146 with a piece of white paper on the board. It looks like I can only post 5 images at a time so I will post a few more in my next message. I would appreciate your advice. Thanks.

Craftsman Compucarve machine (AX series) with two new sandpaper belts on machine.
1-Set of 2 brand new rubber replacement belts.
5- brand new router bits.
2- ˝ inch router bit adapters
1- 1/16” carving bit (used)
1- 1/8 “ cutting bit (used)
1- USB Reader
1- Memory Card

bernieb
08-19-2010, 07:49 PM
Here are five more images of my equipment..

Digitalwoodshop
08-19-2010, 08:52 PM
Good Job troubleshooting the Sensor problem with the white paper.... I would wipe the bottom of the sensor window.

Also using options check that both roller switches work.... the computer waits for the roller to uncompress then checks the sensor reading looking for the board edge. No un compress it gets confused.....

OR one of the 2 LED's is broken... Or intermittant....

As for price..... There has been a few posts here about that.... No Warranty is a killer for a new user... but for a seasoned user the warranty is not a issue.... So your machine is more valuable to a seasoned user. A new user will go nuts trying to understand things like a clear board sensor..... It could even be a pinched WIRE.... In had that TWICE..... 2 of 4 machines.... First one was fixed by LHR in the early days FREE.... Second One, I ordered the cable and removed the Y and Z Head and fixed it.... LHR bent over back-wards in the early years.... TOO FAR in my opinion.... They were TOO GOOD.... Even when I stripped the Square top of the spindle trying to change a QC with the 90 degree Allen they sent me.... Ron's works better.... They shipped it back to Texas to fix it....

I should have just gotten a box of parts like NOW.....

SO PRICE...... A Broken machine goes for about $500.00

A Low Hour Machine like yours.... $800.00 to $1200.00

The Competition is the on line sellers that just about meet the $1200.00 price AND provide a WARRANTY......

SO Good Luck on your investment...

AL

bernieb
08-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Al- Thank you very much for your information and opinion. I would like to sell the machine with all of the equipment shown in the pictures for $800.00 plus actual shipping costs. I guess I will have to post this again as I don't believe I can edit the title of my original post. I will have the equipment professionally packed (at my expense) unless I can find someone that would like to pick it up here in North Georgia Mountains area. I have sold numerous items on the "big" auction site and have a 100% feedback rating dating back to 1997. Please contact me if you have any questions. Thanks for your interest.

Bernie

bernieb
08-27-2010, 10:05 AM
SOLD-Thank you!!