PDA

View Full Version : Carvetight Question?

lpj1019
08-19-2010, 07:13 AM
Hey guys, I'm considering the upgrade on my machine and I must have missed the information regarding the bits.

Can you use your current bit sets, or do you have to purchase all new?.....In the shop, I did see "collets", so I didn't know if those were for the old bits to convert or not.

Thanks

AskBud
08-19-2010, 07:39 AM
Hey guys, I'm considering the upgrade on my machine and I must have missed the information regarding the bits.

Can you use your current bit sets, or do you have to purchase all new?.....In the shop, I did see "collets", so I didn't know if those were for the old bits to convert or not.

Thanks
When you order the CarveTight Assembly, order new a Carving Bit and a Cutting Bit with "Pressed on Sleeves". Order about 2 extra 1/4 inch Split Collets; 1/4 and 1/2 Stop Collar Packets as well.

With those items, all but your original Carving and Cutting Bits will be able to be used.
AskBud

baby15
01-21-2011, 10:55 PM
how to use the stop collar on the carvetight are they used on top of collet

AskBud
01-21-2011, 11:15 PM
how to use the stop collar on the carvetight are they used on top of collet
The Stop Collar (spacer) is to provide the clearance distance between the CT and the bit itself.

Place the Stop Collar on the shank of the bit prior to placing the bit in the split collet.

I think it servers two functions. First to give the consistent set-up, and 2nd to make sure we do not clamp on the shank of the bit where it tapers as it approaches the back of bit itself.

AskBud

baby15
01-22-2011, 01:03 AM
okay put stop collar on first then the collet i was thinking it went on top of collet had no instructions on it thanks