PDA

View Full Version : vBCms and new forum page

CarverJerry
08-18-2010, 06:58 AM
I know that this probably doesn't go here but didn't know where else to post it. I have 2 problems right now with the new forum page. #1 why do I get the message that I don't have permission to view the vBCms comments page? Whats up with that?

#2, is there a way when I return to the forum page "New Posts" that I can see all the recent posts. Seems like I can visit it once, then maybe go back in an hour or so and then it only shows me a couple of threads? Do I need to delete my cookies everytime or is there a setting I can change.

thanks
CarverJerry

Jcpb321
08-18-2010, 09:37 AM
I just tried that link myself and got

Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator (http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/contactus.htm)

1st time I even noticed the topic!

lynnfrwd
08-18-2010, 10:08 AM
why do I get the message that I don't have permission to view the vBCms comments page?
There is a known bug with vBulletin 4.0 on the vBCMS Comments thread where it says you do not have permission to access. I have sent a "work-around" to IT, but they are busy with another project and I hope they get to it soon. You can still see the articles, but you must go to the forum HOME or CarveWright Corner to get to them.

is there a way when I return to the forum page "New Posts" that I can see all the recent posts.

What's New & New Posts only shows you what threads have been updated, since the last time you where there. You can go to Advanced Search and select Posts since yesterday or another specific time frame. (I don't like it either!)

CarverJerry
08-19-2010, 05:30 AM
Thanks for the answers Lynn.

CJ