PDA

View Full Version : Z-Axis stall

JMD
08-16-2010, 09:51 AM
What can cause a Z-Axis stall error? How do I fix it? Getting tired of all the repairs.:(

Digitalwoodshop
08-16-2010, 10:55 AM
Type "Z Stall" into the search window above and to the right and you will get 4 plus pages of Z Stall stuff to study.

Tips and Tricks has a bunch of pilot error things that cause Z Stall too.

Good Luck,

AL

http://forum.carvewright.com/search.php?searchid=171687

JMD
08-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Been there, done that.
Thanks any way.

want2b
08-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Been fighting a Z Axis stall 313 when I've had time. Tried a scan, got the stall about 4 hours into a 5 hour scan. As Al stated, did the search, looked at a lot of things. Cleaned, lubed, tried again with same result. Decided to try a carve and did several 3 hour carves, no problem. Did the clean & lube tried the scan and another bomb. Managed to break the piece and got busy. Tried another piece Sat, 4 hour scan , got to 82 percent & Z stall. Must admit to being a guilty of tunnel vision, really started looking during a second try and realised the belt on the Y axis was bad. Teeth missing and belt fraying on side away from the keypad. When I would do the clean & lube I would push the truck to the middle and start from there. Not 100% sure it is my whole problem but obviously needs to be fixed. Since I have the 5 yr Sears warranty it's now on it's way to Garland. Will post what they replace.
Luck,
Rick H.

baby15
08-21-2010, 08:31 PM
i had the same thing. the ribbin in the back is only silaconed in. it was working itself loose. i pushed it in an glued it my machine finaly stated moving will let it set over night you will have to pull the cover to get to it. that only has 4 screws. unplug wires by the moter an let the outher side hang. ribbonn hooks into the black looking box. take off box cover an you will see what i mean.