PDA

View Full Version : Light and Dark on a board....

jonm3
08-15-2010, 09:44 PM
How do you adjust how deep the CW carves when it see's a lighted part of a item. I am trying to carve a photo of my former ship I was on. On the ship, the sun is shining on the front superstructure of the ship. My CW Machine saw the lighted part, made that deeper that I wanted. Or do I go with that? The lighted part is deeper than the back ground that it is on.

dbfletcher
08-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Photo's generally dont lend themselves well for use in a pattern. Do a search on 'Lithos' if you really want to carve it. Photos work great there.

hess
08-16-2010, 03:26 AM
Try inverting it or if you have PE raise or lower it and watch the right side window till you can see it as clear as possible that works on a litho but wood may not

jonm3
08-17-2010, 09:53 PM
Thanks, just tried inverting the image of a ship, seem to work. What it was, the shadow was ok, but when it comes to light in a photo, it makes it deeper. So I inverted it, going to see how it comes out tomorrow. May be get some of the carvings I made in the past few days.

Digitalwoodshop
08-18-2010, 12:21 PM
A Navy Ship?

Making 3D Artwork is a ART that I have not mastered.... There are many here that have that down to a science.

There is a long learning curve to learn, having the pattern editor is a great help.....

Good Luck,

AL

FCC(SW) Retired

bjbethke
08-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Thanks, just tried inverting the image of a ship, seem to work. What it was, the shadow was ok, but when it comes to light in a photo, it makes it deeper. So I inverted it, going to see how it comes out tomorrow. May be get some of the carvings I made in the past few days.

If you want to keep this image as a photo image you can make lots of corrections in PhotoShop using layers, Dodge, Burn and Sponge tools you also need to start wit a Photo image that is at least 300 DPI, and then save it in the PNG format. It helps to remove the background. Post your photo zipped file as big as you can any format. I will see what I can do with it. No charge I work on donations.