PDA

View Full Version : computer chip in cutter head

eharsin21
08-15-2010, 11:19 AM
I went to run a project and noticed a couple of wires sticking out of a hole in the cutting head. There is a rectangle hole in the aluminum cutting head on the left side of the chuck. I moved the wires and found that there is a small computer chip attached to the wires and it is loose. It moves all around inside the housing. I tried to remove the chuck to see where the computer chip is suppossed to be but the phillips screws are very soft and wanted to round the phillips grooves. So.........anyone know what it is and what should I do next? I read through the hardware manual and didn't see any reference to this piece.

Again, if you were to take out the bit, the hole is just up and to the left of the chuck. There is a very tiny black screw just in front of the hole. I don't know what it is for either. I have a very important wedding gift to run and need to resolve this quickly. Help much appreciated.

Mikewiz
08-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Hey That computer chip is no longer used if you have upgraded to the newer z moter with 14 pin flex cable. Mine did the same thing and I pulled it out with plyers from the back. Machine runs fine since I have the new z-motor pack. Hope this helps. Mike

eharsin21
08-15-2010, 11:49 AM
what is the "new z-motor" upgrade and how much was it?
thanks !

eharsin21
08-15-2010, 11:53 AM
I am now getting a "error 313" z-axis stahl

TerryT
08-15-2010, 12:05 PM
The circuit board and/or the small flat cable going to it can jam the z belt if it flops around too much. You need to remove it. If you have a probe it won't work any longer. You will need the z upgrade that allows the probe to plug into the case rather than the z truck.

eharsin21
08-15-2010, 12:11 PM
I don't have a probe. Where can I find instructions on removing this? I tried to unscrew the 4 black phillips and they are really soft and won't break loose. The grooves want to strip. Suggestions? Is that what is causing the error 313 z-axis stahl?