PDA

View Full Version : No LCD readout?

davidnb
08-15-2010, 10:54 AM
I have a new problem! Hope someone has an idea. Just replaced power supply & upgraded to carvetight. Powered up & carved several simple signs. Approx 4 hrs carving time since repairs. Everything worked great. Nice carve quality. Completed last sign & as machine powered down LCD went blank. Keyboard does not respond. Machine appears dead but tests show power switch is ok & power is present at all major circuit boards. Any guesses? Left side control panel shot? Main electronics box dead? Seems odd that something would go just as a project is finished, unless the motor powering down caused a surge??

lynnfrwd
08-16-2010, 11:41 AM
DavidNB:
Are you covered under warranty for your machine? Has it been less than 30 days since you got the power supply? Or, are you a member of the CarversClub? Please call us at 713-473-6572 and a technician can help you troubleshoot your issue.

Digitalwoodshop
08-16-2010, 12:18 PM
A troubleshooting trick to test the Power Supply L2 is to pull the muffler and lay the machine on it's back and power up... Sometimes gravity pushes the L2 coil back in... It's just a test...

Call LHR.... Looks like a bad power supply....

Unless you killed the unit with a vacuum hose? Static Electricity.

AL

davidnb
08-19-2010, 06:37 AM
I did recently install a vacuum attachment, but have been using it without a problem till now. Wouldn't that have caused a problem right away? Many users recommend using one, so is it something related to the material used in construction of the attachment or the hose? Most all are made of pvc. Why doesn't LHR make an "approved design vacuum attachment"?
The new power supply was only a day old. I think I have ruled that out because I reinstalled the old one & the LCD still didn't light up. It always lit up with the original one. Would give me an error message, power fluctuation. I have ordered a new control panel as a guess & am waiting for it to arrive.