PDA

View Full Version : spindel lube

icauto
08-14-2010, 11:03 PM
I posted a message about lubing the spindel, and messages came back not to do it.One response stated lubing it will ruin it.

What do you do to get lube out of the spindel that got in?

Thanks

Digitalwoodshop
08-15-2010, 12:23 PM
Remove the 2 screws on the top hat and wipe the excess. It should then burn up the oil in the bearing and hopefully run normal after it is gone.

When I notice the flex shaft heating up, I pull the flex after a project is done and the cable still warm. I pull it half way out, shake my can of Molly Lube and squirt a dime size dab in the middle of the core. Slide it back together and run the next project.... This has worked for me...

I don't bother with the vacuum packing, soaking, and other elaborate methods others use... It is just lube... and the LESS the better.... That dab in the center gets where it need to go....

AL

jaroot
08-15-2010, 12:31 PM

When I notice the flex shaft heating up, I pull the flex after a project is done and the cable still warm. I pull it half way out, shake my can of Molly Lube and squirt a dime size dab in the middle of the core. Slide it back together and run the next project.... This has worked for me...

I don't bother with the vacuum packing, soaking, and other elaborate methods others use... It is just lube... and the LESS the better.... That dab in the center gets where it need to go....

AL

Thanks for the tip AL. I did the whole build a tray, soak it overnight thing. I worked and has worked well but your method is way easier!