PDA

View Full Version : Z-Truck bearings

lhanner
08-14-2010, 12:26 PM
I have to replace the bearings and z-belt on my CW. I have the z-truck and y-truck removed from my cw. I am ready to replace but I need help on understanding the instructions on page 8 of the replacing the y-truck. on page 8 of the printed ver. Step 1 Prepare the new Z-truck: If you had to drill the screws out of the adjustable roller
bearing you will have to obtain two new sets of bearings and screws. Before placing
it back on the machine, place a small dab of permanent thread cement along the
length of the screw threads and assemble the rollers to the Y-truck assembly. Orient
the rollers such that the hex stud on the roller bearing faces away from the truck. In
this first step start the thread but do not tighten it. It is imperative that the thread
cement be used on these screws or they will loosen quickly during operation.

My question is if you put the Lock-tight on the threads and start the thread but do not tighten it Wont the Lock-tight dry or am i missing something.
What color Lock-tight should I use red or blue.

Digitalwoodshop
08-14-2010, 03:04 PM
That is a loaded question.... LHR I believe is recommending using RED Forever but I recommend using Blue.

AL

Jeff_Birt
08-14-2010, 06:59 PM
I have some Nyloc screws for Z-truck bearings in stock. They are Allen head screws instead of Phillips and do not need any Loctite. I just put my CarveTight spindle on with them and it is a MUCH easier way to go. I told someone else I would have the screws up on the website last week but have not had a chance to do it yet. I'll do my best to get them up there this weekend.

eharsin21
08-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Jeff, I am having yet another problem with my machine. I went to run a new project and see there is a small computer chip flopping around inside the spindle. I tried to get it out but can't. I went to go ahead with my project to see if it would work, and now I am getting a "error 313" z-axis stahl. I see something about a z-truck upgrade. What is that and how much does it cost?

Thanks