PDA

View Full Version : looking for cut motor brushes

FINGERS
08-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Does anyone know where to get cut motor brushes I hate to pay $12.00 for shipping thur CW.
Thanks
Mike

hess
08-10-2010, 05:06 PM
I need 2 sets also. we could split the shipping have them sent to me in TX and I send yours by mail to you

FINGERS
08-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Thank's Hess I found a set at Ace they are a littel wider but I can sand them down.

Digitalwoodshop
08-11-2010, 01:14 PM
If you do go the Ace Hardware Route just remember that the copper wire tether inside the spring is of a length that acts as a dog chain and stops the metal of the spring from reaching the copper commutator. If the metal contact the commutator then serious damage will result and you will be buying a new motor at over $100.00 +, plus shipping.

I error on the side of caution and think that the LHR version is a safer bet for ME. I searched many English and Metric Brush Sites and could not come up with a proper substitute and feel better with the LHR version. Pay me now or pay me more later.

Not saying that the Tether is not the correct size to prevent damage to the motor, it could be correct.

If you follow the 250 cut motor hours replacement you would be OK with the ACE Brushes.

AL

FINGERS
08-11-2010, 04:13 PM
I agree with you AL, but in a pinch these will work they are the same-same just a bit wider carbon block and the sandding fixed that,Thank's for looking out.

dbfletcher
08-11-2010, 04:16 PM
I agree with you AL, but in a pinch these will work they are the same-same just a bit wider carbon block and the sandding fixed that,Thank's for looking out.

How much where they and do you have a part number? I do like to have options... and I would probably stick with AL in this case.... but like you say in a pinch it may help some of us out.

FINGERS
08-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Hey Doug I found them at Ace Super store they have a help yourself parts bins with all kinds of parts with everything a farmer may need to keep his machinery working we call it the Johnny Rig Dept. I didn't see a part number, I just poked around in the bin and found a close mach I paid $4.00 each, I think we can order parts from sears and have them shipped to a store for pick-up .(free shipping) A penny saved is a penny saved, or something like that.

b.sumner47
08-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Brushes, I just ordered a set from CW,I received them in a couple of days. Excellent work from the parts dept, look in the parts breakdown of the CW carving machine.I will try to look up the cost. Capt Barry

b.sumner47
08-11-2010, 06:54 PM
The part number is 10AB-0706, they were $5.00 Set of 2. Capt Barry

b.sumner47
08-11-2010, 06:57 PM
Sorry wrong pt number, CB 001 Capt Barry