PDA

View Full Version : Search Function

alan.galbraith
08-09-2010, 09:22 AM
How can you do a search in a specific thread? an example, in the Pattern sharing thread, I want to find a horse pattern. It seems the search function needs improvement.

alan.galbraith
08-09-2010, 09:24 AM
I also see another issue with this forum system. I noticed a lot of times on the word wrap it duplicates the last word of the sentence. As an example my previous post. I went back to check to see if I typed in "function" twice. I did not.

alan.galbraith
08-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Well, I figured out the search, Don't use the search button or advanced search at the top of the forum. Use the search dropdown once you are in the thread you want to look in.

lynnfrwd
08-09-2010, 09:53 AM
I also see another issue with this forum system. I noticed a lot of times on the word wrap it duplicates the last word of the sentence. As an example my previous post. I went back to check to see if I typed in "function" twice. I did not.

I have never seen this. Does it happen when you are typing your Reply or does it happen after you Post the Reply?

alan.galbraith
08-09-2010, 03:34 PM
After posting the reply. I have seen it on other persons post. actually quite a lot

lynnfrwd
08-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Is this a common thing for most people? Anyone else out there having this issue issue issue issue?

Sorry, I couldn't resist! That was just me! (wink and a blush)

alan.galbraith
08-10-2010, 07:27 AM
I went thru some of the posts just to verify that I wasn't going crazy, (I am certified but not for that). :) I did find other instances. I know I didn't type "function" twice on my first post here. If no one else says anything, well, after all it isn't a big deal.

dbfletcher
08-10-2010, 08:25 AM
I've been trying to follow this thread, but I have to admit I'm a bit confused. You keep mentioning that you didnt type "function" twice in you first post. Everytime I look at post #1 in this thread, I have never seen function twice. Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

spalted
08-10-2010, 11:23 AM
Same here, I only see "function" once.

alan.galbraith
08-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Must be my double vision, cause I'm seeing it twice. Oh well. Like I said, I'm certified :(

alan.galbraith
08-10-2010, 02:23 PM
Maybe it's an IE setting, Oh well, I'll just ignore from now on.