PDA

View Full Version : comp problem

Old Salt
08-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Have had comp problems past 3 wk. started with crashing on pattern editor open.
have replaced all drives and video card . total new 171 wiped all ptns , called CW tech try-ed all he knew said they would call me back after 1:00 had to take comp out of shop to get on INTERNET ,sat by phone till 8:00 no call back. no call back all wk.
CW will know open one time but crash next time.
I think it is not closing out when you close so if I try to restart it thinks it is still running and won't open.
When I hit c - alt -delete I Will have 3 or 4 versions of gui running .

any help would be good
Know just enough to get in trobule troubled

Gary

Digitalwoodshop
08-08-2010, 05:55 PM
I would erase or remove all versions of CW and go the CW and load a fresh download. Not sure how it will effect your pattern library. You will more than likely have to call LHR to get them to give you the registration set up. Don't expect it will be Internet accessible without there input.

That is just how I would do it... There are others better at the computer side than I.

AL

hess
08-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Mine was doing the same BJB told me to check my favores I had over 300 meg moved all but 75 now the programs work great and much faster

I have made 3 emails to CW not one has been replied to will not give the money for the Carvers cub away this year. Sad to say or good which ever way you look at it but the guys out here or better than the support line

Old Salt
08-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Thanks for replies
I replaced hard drive so wiped put every thing and started new but have same problem.
running xp CW 171 .
also losing background , goes to black, patterns not in seen in bottom box.
hope this helps.
must be a simple but hard to find problem .
like I said replaced hard drive,video card both disk drives all other programs seem to work.
Thanks Gary

pmcpa
08-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Re-Seat your Ram Chips.... 99% of all "Ghosts" with pc's in general are caused by bad or loose ram

Old Salt
08-09-2010, 07:23 PM
Thanks will ck !

found out video card not as big as old one had it changed out seams to run better no crash on importer.

sill lossing screen picture , going black , message on ram,

Thanks for the help

Gary