PDA

View Full Version : Have any other tide clocks been done on the CW?

Rocky
08-06-2010, 08:05 AM
Here's a tide clock I did for some friends. I'd be interested in seeing others, if any have been done.

Thanks,

Digitalwoodshop
08-06-2010, 10:30 AM
GREAT Idea.... Nice Work.

I was talking to Klock Kit about the 24 hour clock... It is only a 1/4 inch shaft..... Asked them to submit a new product suggestion.... A shaft that screws on the the end of a clock and extends the hands movement longer to be able to install a clock in heavier and thicker stock.... Make it available in 1/4 inch increments.

I would love to drill a hole into a blue stone rock and add a long shaft clock for a unusual clock.... Thicker Wood.... Make Table sitting clocks..... I see a market for COAL clocks, and many other thicker materials....

AL

Rocky
08-06-2010, 10:55 AM
GREAT Idea.... Nice Work.

I was talking to Klock Kit about the 24 hour clock... It is only a 1/4 inch shaft..... Asked them to submit a new product suggestion.... A shaft that screws on the the end of a clock and extends the hands movement longer to be able to install a clock in heavier and thicker stock.... Make it available in 1/4 inch increments.

I would love to drill a hole into a blue stone rock and add a long shaft clock for a unusual clock.... Thicker Wood.... Make Table sitting clocks..... I see a market for COAL clocks, and many other thicker materials....

AL

In my tide clock I had to use a router to carve out the back because the tide movement only had a 1/4" shaft.

Digitalwoodshop
08-06-2010, 03:15 PM
I use a 3 1/4 inch bit to drill out the back for the clocks on the drill press.

AL

AskBud
08-06-2010, 03:56 PM
Forstner Bits
http://www.woodcraft.com/Category/1002143/Forstner-and-MultiSpur-Bits.aspx
AskBud