PDA

View Full Version : Check tracking roller

jstorie23
08-05-2010, 02:54 PM
I have checked, cleaned and everything in between and I am stlil getting this
on my machine. Any other suggestions?

dbfletcher
08-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Is the o-ring on the tracking roller? It should be in the outer most groove. Is you board flat, untwisted with no voids? Are you using masking tape on the bottom of your board? Are your outfeed tables adjusted correctly? What have you tried so far?

Spanglerg@hotmail.com
08-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Are you using masking tape on the underside of your board to assist brass tracking roller with traction? Is your brass tracking roller o-ring still in place? I'm going thru the same issues as we speak. Seems my o-ring (size 1/4" x 3/8") has worn flat, and requires replacing. Hope this helps you as well as myself.

Digitalwoodshop
08-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Good job on the masking tape..... My favorite.....

More things....

A rolled under sand paper belt at the brass roller... Hard to see....

Head not level...

Not staying under the rollers and the board tipping up with the brass roller loosing contact with the board.

AL

AskBud
08-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Remember to check to see that the "damper" is still under the Brass Roller!
AskBud

jstorie23
08-05-2010, 07:48 PM
I think we finally have it figured out. Although another problem I have is the z truck is loose. The bottom left screw is loose. How do you tighten it?

dbfletcher
08-05-2010, 08:07 PM
I would be helpfull if you could tell us what the problem was that you found so people reading this thread in the future may be able to use you solution.

Digitalwoodshop
08-05-2010, 09:06 PM
BOTTOM LEFT SCREW.... Been there done that...... But with upper left..... I tried to hold the nut with a scribe but screwed up the bearing....

You need to remove the Z Truck and tighten the left bearing and reinstall it.... It's the only way....

Use the Replacement PDF for step by step instructions.

AL

Ike
08-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Yesterday I had an issue with tracking, I tried the masking tape to no avail. The problem was my front sand paper belt, after I replaced all was well. I mentioned this is you have done everything else this may be the cause. It may not be, but for anybody else this may help?

Ike

Digitalwoodshop
08-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Yesterday I had an issue with tracking, I tried the masking tape to no avail. The problem was my front sand paper belt, after I replaced all was well. I mentioned this is you have done everything else this may be the cause. It may not be, but for anybody else this may help?

Ike

Ike,

Was the belt rolled under?

AL

Ike
08-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Lol not that I noticed at first, when it ripped I would say yes it rolled under! This is on my brand new machine Rev C I have a some issues, but nothing I couldn't fix!

Ike