PDA

View Full Version : Just recieved my CW Machine after the upgrade

jonm3
08-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Ok, I just recieved my CW Machine today after a upgrade. CW changed out the QC to a hex connect type, I believe. What kind of bits now do I need for my CW Machine?

gwhiz
08-03-2010, 02:53 PM
You're going to need bits with the Carvetight adapter. The carving and cutting bits come with a pressed on 1/2" collet. You should probably also get the 1/4" split collet (let's you use 1/4" bits in the CW) and stop collars in both sizes.

lynnfrwd
08-03-2010, 03:18 PM
IF YOU ARE GETTING THE CARVETIGHT OR CT SERVICE UPGRADE, PLEASE KNOW YOU ALSO NEED THE FOLLOWING:

Tooling & Accessories

1 BCR062 1/16” Carving Bit with Hard Pressed Collar
1 BCT125 1/8” Cutting Bit with Hard Pressed Collar
These two bits must be replaced with ones that have the Hard Pressed Adapter.

If you have any of the ¼ or ½” Steel Shank bits (as found in Full Bit Set) or the Scanning Probe, you may also need:

1 P005-00053 1/4” Split Collet
to be shared among 1/4" steel shank bits

1 A005-00054 1/4" Stop Collar (Package of 10)
1 A005-00055 1/2" Stop Collar (Package of 10)

1 P005-00052 Scanning Probe Adapter (for scanning probe)

Note 1/16" cutting bit because of steel shaft gets 1/4" Split Collet, but no Stop Collar

1 CW0021 Bit Adjustment Tool (Optional for ease of QC adaptor removal)

fwharris
08-03-2010, 04:37 PM
IF YOU ARE GETTING THE CARVETIGHT OR CT SERVICE UPGRADE, PLEASE KNOW YOU ALSO NEED THE FOLLOWING:

Tooling & Accessories

1 BCR062 1/16” Carving Bit with Hard Pressed Collar
1 BCT125 1/8” Cutting Bit with Hard Pressed Collar
These two bits must be replaced with ones that have the Hard Pressed Adapter.

If you have any of the ¼ or ½” Steel Shank bits (as found in Full Bit Set) or the Scanning Probe, you may also need:

1 P005-00053 1/4” Split Collet
to be shared among 1/4" steel shank bits

1 A005-00054 1/4" Stop Collar (Package of 10)
1 A005-00055 1/2" Stop Collar (Package of 10)

1 P005-00052 Scanning Probe Adapter (for scanning probe)

Note 1/16" cutting bit because of steel shaft gets 1/4" Split Collet, but no Stop Collar

1 CW0021 Bit Adjustment Tool (Optional for ease of QC adaptor removal)

This post might be a great opportunity for the folks at LHR to be a little pro active when a customer orders the machine upgrade or the CarveTight to ask/tell the customer they will also need to order the new bits....

Customer should really appreciate the thought as it will save them the added shipping costs...

lynnfrwd
08-03-2010, 06:01 PM
If you look at our website, on this forum, our April Tips and Tricks and in our store, you will see that we have made every effort to let the customers know this information. When a customer calls in an order, we make sure they know. If they order from the store, we try to call them to let them know. The fact that this is still going on BLOWS MY MIND!!

jonm3
08-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Thanks, going to look at the bits tonight with the split collet. just got the software activated for my new laptop.

jaroot
08-03-2010, 06:35 PM
If you look at our website, on this forum, our April Tips and Tricks and in our store, you will see that we have made every effort to let the customers know this information. When a customer calls in an order, we make sure they know. If they order from the store, we try to call them to let them know. The fact that this is still going on BLOWS MY MIND!!
Well ... I recently ordered a carvetight online and though I understood that I also needed the carvetight bits (I ordered the bits and adapter prior to the CT order) I didn't receive a call but perhaps LHR had a record of the prior purchase.

jonm3
08-03-2010, 06:52 PM
It was more that I had 2 other computers that had CW Software that wasn't in use. I told them to remove the old ones and activated the software on my new laptop.

Thanks, going to look at the bits tonight with the split collet. just got the software activated for my new laptop.

lynnfrwd
08-03-2010, 08:08 PM
It only takes a minute to check ur orders.

fwharris
08-04-2010, 12:47 AM

Yup, sometimes things do fall through the crack even though we feel things are in place. If you are trying to make the follow up calls for orders done on line that is great. I'm sure those that did order the CT and did not purchase the bits really appreciated the call.

Pratyeka
08-04-2010, 11:30 AM

Then the solution is obvious: automatically include the proper carving and cutting bits with every CT sent. If the customer didn't have the new bits, they will be grateful. If they happened to already have the new bits, they would need new ones anyway eventually. Saves a lot of grief.

lynnfrwd
08-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Then the solution is obvious: automatically include the proper carving and cutting bits with every CT sent. If the customer didn't have the new bits, they will be grateful. If they happened to already have the new bits, they would need new ones anyway eventually. Saves a lot of grief.

Personally, I would LOVE to give away free stuff, but I'm pretty sure I would loose my job, before the bosses let the company go out of business!! You don't want this to happen and I don't want this to happen, because I REALLY, REALLY LIKE MY JOB!! I get to banter with you guys!

dbfletcher
08-04-2010, 12:10 PM
I think what he was trying to say if the Carvietight upgrade bundle should also include the required bits, collars, collets, etc. Of course their cost would be included inthe bundle... once it is in there cart they could still have an option to remove items if they really dont need them. I know i have personally ordered lots of items from other sites that work exactly in that manner. Everything you would need is automatically included, but you can still eliminate items if your truly dont need them.

jonm3
08-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Thanks, I ordered those on Tuesday, should have them by next Monday. Will be up and running then. I have many projects that I want to make.

fwharris
08-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Personally, I would LOVE to give away free stuff, but I'm pretty sure I would loose my job, before the bosses let the company go out of business!! You don't want this to happen and I don't want this to happen, because I REALLY, REALLY LIKE MY JOB!! I get to banter with you guys!

And we know we do not want you to loose your job either!!! It is great having your (LHR) presence in the forum!

fwharris
08-05-2010, 04:35 PM
I think what he was trying to say if the Carvietight upgrade bundle should also include the required bits, collars, collets, etc. Of course their cost would be included inthe bundle... once it is in there cart they could still have an option to remove items if they really dont need them. I know i have personally ordered lots of items from other sites that work exactly in that manner. Everything you would need is automatically included, but you can still eliminate items if your truly dont need them.

Doug, Great point! When I ordered my CT (over the phone) I took advantage of the Carvers Club offer and got 2 of each. Taking no chance of not being with out a bit because one broke...

lynnfrwd
08-05-2010, 04:44 PM
The problem with putting them all in one "package" is some customers do not have the Scanning Probe or Full Bit Set and don't need all of the accessories. I guess we could do it with the carving & cutting bit only.

I like what you are describing with everything dumped in and you take out what you don't want, but I can see problems with that too. People ordering more than they realized, intended or could afford. Then, there's all of the credits, etc. some credit card lenders can take up to two weeks to credit the customers account. Not happy customers that way either!

lynnfrwd
08-05-2010, 05:05 PM
When I ordered my CT (over the phone) I took advantage of the Carvers Club offer and got 2 of each.

FWHarris - What an Ed McMahon you are! That was the perfect segue into what I am working on right now!

So, it's been a year since we started the CarversClub and you were one of the first to join.

It cost $150 to join and you got the following:
1. unlimited phone support
2. 25% off all labor costs &
3. 12 Monthly Specials

My records show that CarversClub Members received a total of $140 worth of free patterns during 5 of those 12 months. Plus, up to 25% off items such as software, projects, HD Traction Belts, Scanning Probe & bits. You said you ordered 4 bits at $10 off each - Total savings adds up to $180 now on a $150 dollar investment.

PLUS...you could call anytime you needed to without worrying about the $25 incident fee.

Were there any other special offers you took advantage of during the last year?

fwharris
08-05-2010, 05:40 PM
FWHarris - What an Ed McMahon you are! That was the perfect segue into what I am working on right now!

So, it's been a year since we started the CarversClub and you were one of the first to join.

It cost $150 to join and you got the following:
1. unlimited phone support
2. 25% off all labor costs &
3. 12 Monthly Specials

My records show that CarversClub Members received a total of $140 worth of free patterns during 5 of those 12 months. Plus, up to 25% off items such as software, projects, HD Traction Belts, Scanning Probe & bits. You said you ordered 4 bits at $10 off each - Total savings adds up to $180 now on a $150 dollar investment.

PLUS...you could call anytime you needed to without worrying about the $25 incident fee.

Were there any other special offers you took advantage of during the last year?

lynnfrwd:

Off of the top of my head I do not think I did... Already had the probe and STL software. Some of the patterns I already had so not a full gain on that one..

Did not have to call in for any troubleshooting or repairs (figured those out myself). The only thing I should have taken advantage of was the tractions belts..

Have not renewed my subscription. Kind of like extended car warrant, only good if you need it.. and I did not so will save even more.. It is good tho for those that want that extra sense of security...

lynnfrwd
08-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Well, sorry you didn't use the $75 off the HD traction belts.

CarversClub'll be there when you do need it.

Keep an eye on the online version of The CarveWright Corner by clicking HOME to see what each month's exclusive promotion is...maybe you'll see a special you do want and decide its worth it to re-join.

fwharris
08-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Well, sorry you didn't use the $75 off the HD traction belts.

CarversClub'll be there when you do need it.

Keep an eye on the online version of The CarveWright Corner by clicking HOME to see what each month's exclusive promotion is...maybe you'll see a special you do want and decide its worth it to re-join.

Yes, that was my loss but at the time $$ was not there to spend...

PS: Why did you change my joke name (Ms. Karnak (sp) Johnny Carson ) in my post. Was just poking some fun back at you for your Ed McMahon name you implied to wards me?

lynnfrwd
08-06-2010, 07:48 AM
Ohhh! So sorry. I didn't get it but I do now. Just thought it was horrible misspelling of my real name. Which really doesn't make sense either since it was no where close. Should have thought about it longer before I did it but I was headed out for the evening. Sorry sorry sorry!!!

fwharris
08-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Ohhh! So sorry. I didn't get it but I do now. Just thought it was horrible misspelling of my real name. Which really doesn't make sense either since it was no where close. Should have thought about it longer before I did it but I was headed out for the evening. Sorry sorry sorry!!!

No problem!!!

jonm3
08-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Thank to you all including CarveWright. I love the CarveTight. My Machine is running good. I will take pics of what I am making.