PDA

View Full Version : Closing Soon - Troubleshooting Thread.....

Digitalwoodshop
08-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Just kidding.....:)

I am getting disappointed to click on New Posts and find very few real troubleshooting Posts....

If you really look at the troubleshooting questions lately there are very few real machine problems being reported. Some Die Hards are still having some of the most common problems related to the natural aging of the machine.

Very few reported Board Sensor problems other than the users still using a first generation without the glue holding the circuit board to the black plastic.

Axis Stall Problems are more often related to dust in the Encoder or dirty rails, belts and bearings.

The Z Bundle Upgrade was a Great Success.

The L2 Fix has helped and my early C1 Capacitor Problems were QC related and that is no longer a issue if you upgrade the QC.

The CT and Rock have cut bit issues down to Dull Bits being the most common problem seen...

So for all the people waiting to buy the machine until all the bugs are worked out..... The "C" Model is waiting for you. Be sure to read the Tips and Tricks after reading the Manual. It will save you from the Pilot Errors that make so many people CRASH and blame the machine....

Study Tips and Tricks for the "7 Inch Rule of Wood", Sleds, Scaling, and board thickness the most common new user errors.

Welcome and Good Luck,

AL

dbfletcher
08-02-2010, 07:33 PM
It is very refreshing to see more and more questions about how to use the machine and designer though.... and fewer messages about why cant I get my machine to do anything without breaking. Looks like the future might be bright for LHR.

pkunk
08-02-2010, 08:57 PM
:)Excellent post, Al. :) Someday we'll have all of the forum problems fixed (like the smileys) too.

Digitalwoodshop
08-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Now if LHR could come out with a 4th Axis Sled to do 4 legs at a time. That would make a great Christmas TV Ad.....

We can do it now just 1/4 turn at a time but it sure would be nice to have a auto index.....

Walking Sticks

Small table Legs

Stair Blasters

Bats??...

Lamp columns

11 PM and I am cutting 3 signs..... .. Just day dreraming... TV is better at night.....

Lets talk Preventive Maintenance.....

OK.... Since I am in a Blabber Mouth Mood.... And I have time to kill while the machine finishes sign 2 of 3...

I think everyone should have a ball park idea on what the Cut Motor Hours Meter reads.....

Use it like your Car Care Schedule for Filter and Oil changes.

At 250 hours you should be replacing the Cut Motor Brushes. When the Cut Motor stalls and snaps the $40.00 bit is less than cost effective. A DEEP Cleaning should be done at this time and lube the smooth posts and jacking screws. Deep clean should include removing the bottom of the machine and blowing the sawdust out of the Power Supply area and computer. Make sure you have a card plugged into the machine to keep from blowing chips into the $300.00 computer card jack pins. And I recommend when changing the Cut Motor Brushes to remove the motor from the machine to make it easier to get the bottom brush in. And while you have the Cut Motor out, open the shell and blow the dust out of it...... just watch for the screw inside the muffler hole.... it is easy to miss...

At 500 hours or when you are replacing Cut Motor Brushes you should plan on replacing the 2 bearings in the Y Gear Box. This is sounding like the 12 days of Christmas.... Deep Clean and

AL

WRW
08-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Al -Thanks for the Reminder
Your post prompted me to check cut motor hours, 5 minutes shy of 302 hours. I will be ordering brushes tomorrow. When they arrive I will be following your other tips as well. I would like to say for myself and I'm sure many others on the forum "Thank you for your help, whether directly or indirectly through reading your many helpful posts". Since signing in just over a year ago I have come to this forum many times looking for answers to questions and solutions to problems, and thanks to you and many others like you, I have always found them here.
I have been very fortunate with my machine and it is largely due to reading the old and new posts. Three of the big ones in my opinion were repeated many times, get rid of the QC, install dust collection and keep it cleaned and lubed.
Have a great night, and I hope to see the nature of this forum continue as I am sure as my machine ages I will have new things to learn about it.

Digitalwoodshop
08-02-2010, 11:44 PM
Richard,

Thanks for the pat on the back... I see you are from Canada....

A few months ago a Fire Dept in Canada asked about Fire Tags, the other side of my Business.... I quoted the tags and then got a disappointing email... The Fire Dept Admin told them they could only buy from Canada.... I was bummed but I understand....

So a few weeks ago I get a email and the Chief said they couldn't find anything like it with a Picture that I do.... So the Fireman are buying the tags out of pocket.....

I have all the pictures and almost have a final design ready to print.... So by next week, I should be shipping to our friends in Canada. Good Things come to people that wait....

The end result will look like my Olyphant, PA order that was delivered tonight to the Fireman by the salesman.

Almost 1 AM and I hear the CW just shut off on the intercom so I am out of here....

AL