PDA

View Full Version : PE and Desinger crash

hess
07-28-2010, 03:12 AM
I know it has been discussed before but I cant find a fix here what happened. running vista and cw 164 the gui just started to lock when trying to open the designer.

I uninstalled and reinstalled no change

Took it to Staples they "tuned it and reset some things in my reg"
They advised I change to Win 7

I put win 7 on and it all worked well.

when win 7 installed it placed 134 on for CW so I upgraded to 15? did not check it came back today and the GUI would stop on start up

uninstalled
reinstalled 134

same problem

did sys restore

now designer will come up and so will PF I can import to both and work up a pat. but when I save ONLY to CW it stops. Can save as to cw samples or anywhere in the pc but not to the pat files

I remove all files out of CW folder except samples and favorites

Any ideas would be helpful

hess
07-28-2010, 04:09 AM
Got it back up by uninstalling over and over. Now it coome up but does not show the pat in the small window down on the right of designer. I have one running on XP that has never showed anything in the window even with updates. anyone ever have that? well up is up so cant yell a whole lot thanks for any input

bjbethke
07-28-2010, 07:32 AM
Hess
How large are your MPN files, I run Xp and if they get over 100MB it slows the Designer down or it crashes.

hess
07-28-2010, 09:22 AM
300MB showing in favorites Can I just move tham to another folder outside of CW

bjbethke
07-28-2010, 10:10 AM
300MB showing in favorites Can I just move tham to another folder outside of CW

Yes I store mine on SD chips, when you need the file just click on it and it will auto load to your MPN folder. The more memory you have on your computer the larger the file can be. This will add another file, when you are done with it just delete it. I keep my PTN’s this way. Put a screen print in the folder it makes it easer to find the patterns when you need them.

hess
07-28-2010, 10:21 AM
got it down to 300kb! much faster. Any idea how to get the pat you pick to show in the small window

bjbethke
07-28-2010, 10:55 AM
got it down to 300kb! much faster. Any idea how to get the pat you pick to show in the small window

Are you asking about my Avatar? That's a carving of my great grand daughter. I can e-mail it to you. It's about 250MB and will not post.

Her name is Haley Harp.

hess
07-28-2010, 05:32 PM
she is cute but I was talking about on designer when you pick something from you fav kist it shows in a small window down on the right side and you can rotate it. mine designer use to do that but now does not show what pat you picked. was wondering if it could have gotten turned off somehow. the designer on my old pc with xp has never shown that anything in that window just blank both are updated to the new one

Kenm810
07-28-2010, 06:01 PM
I noticed the same thing, I have 2 Deck Top PC's with XL on them
and a Deck Top PC and a LapTop with Windows 7 on them.
One of the PC's with XL on it never did have the Small Veiwing Window working on it,
-- No mater which Version of CW Designer was on it???

hess
07-28-2010, 10:15 PM
well glad its not just me wonder why that is. I have sent a email back when but never got anything back. that what I paid that extra $$ for? sure glad it was worth it

hess
07-28-2010, 10:19 PM
Hey Ken at least it is not like the letter I got today telling me I was approved to have a Hysterectomy on 8/5. No lie man it was BC of TX they are for real. Told them I did not know anyone was aware of the sex change I must have had wonder what would have happened if I would not have called them to point it out? bet the doc would have got paid for it!

earlyrider
07-28-2010, 11:10 PM
Hess- I guess riding the 3 wheeler will be out while you heal up. Didn't know you had that kind of problem!
Ron

SteveEJ
07-29-2010, 05:32 AM
Yo Dude.. Dudette.. Dude.. Wait a minute, I am so confused..

Anyway, the icon in the bottom right might be a bi-product of the video card or video settings on the computer(s). That would be why it is inconsistent. Try increasing the memory available to the video card if it one that is integrated into the main motherboard.

bjbethke
07-29-2010, 05:47 AM
she is cute but I was talking about on designer when you pick something from you fav kist it shows in a small window down on the right side and you can rotate it. mine designer use to do that but now does not show what pat you picked. was wondering if it could have gotten turned off somehow. the designer on my old pc with xp has never shown that anything in that window just blank both are updated to the new one

OK I got it now. I think LHR started that image in about version 1.126 or 1.130, I run XP and I always have that on all the new versions. That is the screen print that I add to my MPN folders. see post 5;