PDA

View Full Version : Loose pieces

Mike Weis
07-25-2010, 09:21 PM
I was cleaning and lubing the crank and verticals of my machine and I found these two pieces loose on the bottom of the keypad side. I had never done this maintenance to this machine, I'd been getting some board sensor problems, checked my head pressure (115 lb) and decided to do this (I think I got it down to 87 lbs w/the clean&lube). Anyway, I could not see where these may have come from and don't know if they're important. The left piece is plastic and looks like a cord guide clip, the right one is metal and I have no clue. If that is a screw hole in it, I did not find the screw (could have gone up the vacuum though).

unitedcases
07-25-2010, 09:36 PM
The left one is the wire clip that goes on the left. If you were to remove the cover you find that wire connected and it also runs under the "Y" motor. I dont know what to call it but you pretty much had it. I have no clue about that one on the right. But I am sure that someone will.

Tom75
07-25-2010, 09:42 PM
the piece on the left is the head cover wire retainer and the part on the right not sure did not see it in the parts list . i hope this helps ?

www.go3d.us
07-25-2010, 11:46 PM
The piece on the right is the one attaching to upper right side of the blower on the key pad side so when the machine stop it park the sensor.
HT

Mike Weis
07-26-2010, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the quick responses.

I'm not really clear on where these things belong, not having an extra machine nearby that I can compare it to. There appears to be a cord clip in place near my Y-motor, I would have to take the top off to get to it, which I don't care to do right now unless I have to. For the time being I clipped it inside the area I had gone into, the side space behind the keypad.

The metal piece sounds more important, but I'm not clear on the description of where it comes from.

Someone referenced a "parts list", is there a PDF of a "parts explosion diagram" for the machine? I looked at the PDF thread here and didn't see one, but then again some of the PDF links into CarveWright are broken/incorrect since they apparently reorganized the site.

Digitalwoodshop
07-26-2010, 11:28 PM
At first the right metal looked like the old Z Bit Flag, but I threw my clip in my tool box and I believe it has 2 screws.... This one with the one screw must be the Y Homing Flag....

Found a old picture showing the Z Flag with 2 screws in picture 1. Picture 2 showing how it blocked the homing sensor to determine home. When the black plastic part of the sensor was the most photographed part broken off "what is it part".... It was no longer used... So the right metal clip must be a Y Homing Flag..... I never did see a Y homing sensor???...?

Ignore the writing on the pictures.

AL

Tom75
07-27-2010, 09:20 PM
with the new site i will have to do some looking on where to find the parts list . it will take me a bit to find it and when i do i will post it

lynnfrwd
07-28-2010, 10:38 AM
www.carvewright.com - SUPPORT - MAINTENANCE - (first one on the list)!

Tom75
07-28-2010, 04:45 PM
tnank you lynn .