PDA

View Full Version : Flexshaft spring source & Al

Smoken D
07-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Anyone got a source for a flexshaft spring? Last I heard you have to purchase the entire flexshaft ($75) to get a core or the spring.
Pulled the core out for a lub job and never saw the spring come out. When I went to look for it in the shaft wasn't there. What the heck? Well, found it on the floor and the #14's, steel toe/heal, did quite a number on it. Tried to fix, but still a kink and afraid will cause too much heat from the core spinning. Dang it:cry:
Have to go to the kids camp, will be back this afternoon.
Also if Al catches this I had 220 cut motor hours and right at 5/32 left on the brush. Probably replace at 250 hours or so. Does that sound safe?

Gean
07-26-2010, 01:48 PM
The hardware store I work in has a variety of springs. You might be able to find a suitable replacement at one or maybe even an auto parts store.
Gean

CarverJerry
07-26-2010, 03:11 PM
I just read a posting here and they said the Carvewright sells the springs solo now. It has only been a couple of weeks ago and I think AL at digitalwoodshop knows a little about it.

Smoken D
07-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Called them last Friday and no on just the springs. Have to purchase the entire flexshaft assembly to get the spring or the core.

Digitalwoodshop
07-26-2010, 07:59 PM
I purchased just the core about 2 years ago....Good thing... Broke one.... I would try and ask for a core and spring.... The core will sometime in the FAR future snap.... Worth a try....

Ann 250 cut motor hours is a good time to change the brushes.... Good Job.

AL