PDA

View Full Version : New software update = sudden troubles

TBone
07-22-2010, 09:28 AM
hey folks!
Been working with my machine and everything has been sweetness and light.:) Spent a few hours yesterday doing some nice carves, no problems, everything is tuned and beautiful, and this morning's carves as well. An hour ago I downloaded a new pattern to finish the job. It suggested I "upgrade" to the latest software version, which I did.

Then the trouble started.

Now when I try to cut anything, it's giving me "slip" belt errors and "stall" axis errors. Now, 10 minutes ago it was fine...I install the new software version and now there's trouble? Sounds like a software issue to me!:mrgreen:I did read "Wolf"s posts about having issues and then reverting to the older software version and everything being fine. Anyone else having this "sudden" problem? is there a way I can revert back to the previous software version?

liquidguitars
07-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Then the trouble started
Err, no. but you could just reinstall the old version if that makes you happy. Wolfs logic is wrong as I stated.

Digitalwoodshop
07-22-2010, 12:00 PM
That is why having 2 cards is good, one with a older version of designer and say NO when it asks you if you want to upgrade the operating system. And one with a new version. Problems run the same project with the old version just by swapping the card...

AL

Hexe SA
07-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Before you upgrade save a copy of the software under a different name, than upgrade this way it is easier to go back. I have all software versions back to 1.119. When downloading ptn or mpc usually people let you know what version they are running and I save mine in folders marked by versions.
Eva

CarverJerry
07-22-2010, 05:17 PM
So Al, what you are saying is once you upgrade the memory card to a new version you can't go and get it back where it once was? How about reformatting using an older version of designer?

CJ

liquidguitars
07-22-2010, 05:43 PM
So Al, what you are saying is once you upgrade the memory card to a new version you can't go and get it back where it once was? How about reformatting using an older version of designer?

CJ

No this is not the case, one only need to revert to a older version of the firmware if a major bug is in the firmware not software, or in my case when testing new versions, the new firmware is fine and should be used, however all you need to do is to upload the version you feel is the best solution for you . Some of the error codes are getting better and are designed to stop the machine if your hardware is wacky this is a good thing when using expensive stock.

CarverJerry
07-23-2010, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the tid bits on that LG. I wasn't sure so just thought I'd ask.

CJ

Wolf
07-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Err, no. but you could just reinstall the old version if that makes you happy. Wolfs logic is wrong as I stated.
Since I don't have the experience with this machine that you may have, I decided to reinstall the newest firmware update and my machine went right back to coming up with the same error. I then reinstalled the older firmware and the machine is back to working fine again. My logic tells me to go this route, right or wrong. Like I said, I may not have a lot of experience with this machine but I do have a strong computer and mechanical backround and if I find that something is working when something else isn't, my logic says to go with the working item instead sitting here with a nonworking machine that needs a bunch of new parts to get running. I don't think there is a problem with my logic, but by your logic, I would be sitting here with a machine doing nothing but waiting for a bunch of parts that I may not need.

liquidguitars
07-23-2010, 01:28 PM
I decided to reinstall the newest firmware update and my machine went right back to coming up with the same error.

sounds odd to me, what two versions of firmware are you loading exactly?

if your machine is not working with the new firmware you have a hardware issue. At times I have reverted back to older versions of the firmware myself nothing wrong with that, could be the new firmware is sensing something wrong with your hardware the old version did not. my logic, and buy that i trying to help, but blanket statement blaming the firmware is not.

eharsin21
07-31-2010, 10:51 AM
I have been using my machine for years. After so many errors and stalls and bypassing all of the switches causing me headaches I finally got my machine to run like it should. I actually ran 3 projects consecutively without a problem. So I see the new software update and I update. The first two runs are screwed up. In a 48 inch run, the pattern starts at the correct depth and gradually receeds to where in about 20 inches there is no depth at all. So could it be the new software update??? I think so. Or maybe it is just the same old problem after problem after problem. I have waisted so much wood on screwed up projects, I could have bought a new machine by now. Anyone have the SAME problem??