PDA

View Full Version : Help with DFX/ipt file

CarverJerry
07-21-2010, 07:54 PM
I have a file that Autodesk Professional Inventor produced that has an extion of .ipt on it. I was wondering if anyone can see if this file can be used with the DXF Importer and if so would you be willing to convert it for me so I can try and carve it. It is a very small part but it is almost a 2 meg file so I will have to email it to you. If you can help me (before I buy the importer) please PM me and I can send it your way. Thanks in advance.

CarverJerry

mtylerfl
07-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Hi Jerry,

I don't think that file type will work, even if you could convert it to DXF...I believe it is a "3D", not "2D" file type. (Only 2D DXF's work with the Importer).

CarverJerry
07-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Thanks Michael......

Cabinetdesigner
07-22-2010, 10:50 PM
however what I could do for you is take the 3-D model and put it in inventor exstract 2d views off of it and export the dxfs from that. But I do not have the dxf impoter .
Hi Jerry,

I don't think that file type will work, even if you could convert it to DXF...I believe it is a "3D", not "2D" file type. (Only 2D DXF's work with the Importer).

CarverJerry
07-23-2010, 07:53 AM
Thanks for the offer, I really don't think this part is machinable with the CW to be honest with you. Long story short, it's some kind of part for the medical field and is made out of really expensive material. The more I think about it I don't want to take the chances.

CJ