PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Sears order Dept.

JJ
12-11-2006, 06:20 PM
Has anyone else experienced the problems I'm having with Sears? Entered my original order through the Craftsman Club on December 4th. They told me thaey had 17 machines in stock. The charged my credit card, and set the order up as a quote, not an "order" - It took 4 days to gert this corrected, and by that time the machine was out of stock. When the Sears website showed that it was back in stock I called and was told that "that's the Sears website, not the Craftsman Club. We don't have any inventory." I had them cancel the order and switched the order to the website on Friday 12/8 at 8:00 AM. They charged my credit card again and told me that it would ship withn 24 hours. They admit that they did work on Saturday, so it's been 3 full days, and they still haven't moved past processing the credit card. When youcall and ask questions everyone has different answers. Must be a LOT of part time holiday help working there. Hope it gets here before the end of the year!! :(

Big Al (NJ)
12-11-2006, 10:24 PM
JJ,
Had mine ordered since 18 Nov. I feel your pain. I don't know how many calls, 3 diff order #'s and still I don't know when or if I'll ever get the machine. Tomorrow I'll be calling again. It's been in stock according to the Sear's web page for the last 5 days. I've gone through alot and I'm still at the same point I started. Hopefully I'll get some good info tomorrow. I will be writing Sears to let them know how their customer service is!!!!

P.S. I also like what it says on their web site, order by 13 Dec and get it before Christmas. They didn't tell us it was 13 Dec 2005 you had to put your order in for Christmas 2006.

Happy Carving, Big Al (NJ)

Jeff Hopkins
12-12-2006, 02:15 AM
I ordered mine 11/4/2006 by phone and received a email on 12/02/2006 received it 3 days later. The package was delayed one day by UPS for a unkown reason. When UPS delivered the package they dropped it off the hand truck as I watched it slide down the driveway. The machine worked great after I had to reload software onto the memory card with help from Carve wright, they were great. Read the warning on this board about starting the machine for the first time. The directions that come with the machine are of very little help. If you have any question call the 800 number they were glad to help and will answer any questions you have. The machine works great, good luck!