PDA

View Full Version : Scan size changes in pattern editor?

Ron & Mary
07-16-2010, 10:50 PM
I scanned in a item of pistol Grips, it scanned nice but the size changed when it went to pattern editor. Why? I am having problem keeping the scan size, I have scan other items before and put in to library and then to new project and it carved nicely same size. But I can not this time, anybody have a clue of what is happening I have rescanned several time same problem.

Thanks
Ron and Mary

TerryT
07-16-2010, 11:30 PM
The resolution changes depending on the quality of the scan I think. If you scanned in "Best" mode you may want to try "normal" to get closer to actual size. Best bet however, is to resize your scan in the editor software.

Ron & Mary
07-17-2010, 01:00 PM
Thanks Terry,
I will give it a try, I know the resolution would change which will increase the file size but I figure the dimension should say the same. I think. Thanks for the reply, I will give it a try and see.

TIMCOSBY
07-18-2010, 02:56 AM
what version of the software are you using? they supposedly fixed that in a new version but it may have reared it ugly head again in the latest version.

Jeff_Birt
07-18-2010, 10:52 AM
The PatternEditor should automatically account for what ever resolution was used while scanning. This was fixed a long time ago. If you are using an old version of Designer/PE that might be the problem.

Rocky3213
07-25-2010, 09:40 AM
Ron & Mary,
Just received my CarveWright Wednesday and my first project is grips for a SAA Colt. I've done a scan but I'm still working on the design. Any advice or help would be appritiated.
Rocky3213

geekviking
07-27-2010, 01:45 PM
I'm still having the same problem, regardless of quality setting, it does it on all settings, and I've wasted over 20 hours scan time now on different objects.
Has ANYONE any ideas for us?

gashawk
07-27-2010, 06:25 PM
Try locking all sides of PTN to sides or center grid. Nothing can change then.

geekviking
07-28-2010, 11:07 AM
Thanks, but this is happening before it is even saved on your hard drive, in the downloading from the card process...

mtylerfl
07-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Thanks, but this is happening before it is even saved on your hard drive, in the downloading from the card process...

What version of the software are you using?...and, is your memory card flashed with the same version?