PDA

View Full Version : Need Help, 1st scan issues

jb76
07-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Hello,

I thought my first scan went fine without a hitch. I was wrong when I called up the downloaded scan only about the first 67% of the scanned item appeared on the screen. The key pad showed 100 % complete, the download indicated complete. I saw the probe actually scanning most of the last third. I watched the tutorial on the tips and tricks before and after the scan. I have no idea what went wrong. I have not downloaded the last software update. My computer system runs Vista. ( Did I miss some special instructions for Vista users, and still get 67% of the scan? )
Anyone else have the same experience or any clues?

mtylerfl
07-16-2010, 10:39 PM
Hello,

I thought my first scan went fine without a hitch. I was wrong when I called up the downloaded scan only about the first 67% of the scanned item appeared on the screen. The key pad showed 100 % complete, the download indicated complete. I saw the probe actually scanning most of the last third. I watched the tutorial on the tips and tricks before and after the scan. I have no idea what went wrong. I have not downloaded the last software update. My computer system runs Vista. ( Did I miss some special instructions for Vista users, and still get 67% of the scan? )
Anyone else have the same experience or any clues?

Could have been a power "brown out" that caused the glitch. Make sure you don't have any other appliances running on the same circuit that shares your CarveWright. Try the scan again and let us know how you make out.

jb76
07-18-2010, 12:01 AM
Thank you Michael,
No brown out, and I double checked the circuit that was alright, no other machines or appliances. The entire scan was there, I figured it out. Can you see my red face, I feel kind of stupid, the solution is simple. Give the scan time to completely download to the computer.
I must have missed something important in the intructions, tutorials and videos indicating when the download was complete and how long it took to download. I appreciate the response. I am glad the problem was only with the operator and not the machine.
The carving came out great, really impressed with the detail.

Thank you Again,
Jack

mtylerfl
07-18-2010, 07:21 AM
Hello Jack,

That's great news! Glad to hear everything is ok after all.