PDA

View Full Version : trial version of the software

Bill
12-09-2006, 07:44 AM
Hello - my first post - and have read many, excellent forum!
I am expecting my machine any day now and was just wondering about installing the new software.

My question is should the trial version of the software be removed or will the software that comes with the machine overwrite the trial version of the software. Thanks Bill.

Kurtsara
12-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Mine overwrote the trial version but I lost one of the 'Rout Modes' when I do text, I only have 'outline' and 'Raster'

Dan-Woodman
12-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Hey CW
What happened to the centerline mode in text ?

carvewright
12-11-2006, 12:14 PM
All machines now being sold through Sears and CarveWright include a basic software license.

One of the benefits offered to customers who were part of our beta program is access to all features of our software. Several features available in the beta software are either still considered developmental or are intended for non-basic versions of the Designer.

The recent update to the software unified the licensing model for all versions of the software. The demo that was on the website, was an older version from our beta program, and has been replaced with an up-to-date demo. The new licensing model allows use of the basic feature set for 30 days without registration, which is considered the demo mode.

For beta program customers, the full feature set will be restored once you go through the registration process. This registration process replaces the password protection scheme previously used on the software.

Mike
12-13-2006, 08:06 AM
When will I be able to update from basic?

Kurtsara
12-22-2006, 04:01 AM
When will I be able to update from basic?

What he said?

cmorlier
12-22-2006, 09:13 AM
We have no official release dates at this time. Once the holidays and our move are complete, we will hopefully be able to work out the schedule.

Once we know more, we will post to the announcements section of the forum.