PDA

View Full Version : How to tell if our PM boxes are getting full?

mtylerfl
07-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Howdy,

The old forum format had a handy alert showing what percentage of allocated space our Private Messages were taking up. If it was getting too full, we could then know to delete messages to make room for any new ones that might be coming in.

I don't see that feature any longer...does anyone know if it is gone or if it's "just me" and I simply can't find it?

Had a case last week where a person PM'd me and I couldn't receive the message because my PM Box was already full, but I didn't know it.

dbfletcher
07-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Scroll down to the bottom when you are on your private messages page. Mine shows how much space I'm using.

Kenm810
07-12-2010, 11:57 AM
How about the old -- "Manage Attachments" File Manager
That gave the size and limitations of the Valid file extensions:
bmp doc dws dxf gif jpe jpeg jpg mpc mpn pdf png psd ptn txt zip

And Have they Changed

eelamb
07-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Ken to see the file size limits click on the ? around the add files button.

dbfletcher
07-12-2010, 12:15 PM
The "MANAGE ATTACHMENTS" button is there when you click on "go advanced". It shows what files can be uploaded. Click on the "?" in the upper right of the manage attachment dialog will show the file sizes for each extention.

Edit: eelamb was quicker on the keys

Kenm810
07-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Thanks Guys,

I thought I lost Somewhere, and was hoping for a couple more file Types, plus a little larger files sizes.

mtylerfl
07-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Scroll down to the bottom when you are on your private messages page. Mine shows how much space I'm using.

Thanks, Doug! That does help and I see it now!

However, the "old" system didn't require us to be on the PM page - it was always conveniently visible on any page of the forum, which was really nice. No biggie - I'll just have to be sure to go to the PM page often to see when I'm getting "full"!.