PDA

View Full Version : X-axis 303, but with some resolution and pics

lostinthefrost
07-11-2010, 09:40 AM
Hello all, I ask a lot of questions on here with great help from everyone. I would like to give a bit back with some findings along with ask another question
I have a over 200 hours on my 2nd machine (1st has bad CPU and is a skeleton) I have recently been getting X-axis 293 errors. With everyones help there has been a variety of suggestions. After new sandpaper belts, new X-axis gears that didnt work from LHR, and just about everything new in the bottom, I found the very last thing is that the X drive motor had an issue. Not sure it the coil is cut or not in it (Al I will post a pic when I can. I know you have a few) but it was make loud grinding noises. LHR said it was probably just head pressure, which it was close to 160. That was fixed, motor was in, everything has gone well. Not sure why it would die like that in such lower hours. I normally only carve 1" pine with masking tape, with a strong dust collector and the contraption that Ringneck Blues made for me (amazing too) and a Rock chuck with bits from Mr Justice.

Either way the majority is back to normal, and I wanted to say thanks to everyone again.

I have posted some pics of a new issue throwing a X-axis 303. More than likely its due to the FCC Cable but let me know. Pics are of a completed and the other is from the ruined. It started carving deeper and deeper and not sure why. Its set up to be less than .250 deep and kills the project about 19% into it. I have learned my lesson to keep many of those cables on hand.

Does anyone have any ideas? Or is there any best practices to do so I am not switching out cables 1 time every 3 weeks?

Digitalwoodshop
07-11-2010, 07:35 PM
FSC Cable would be a first choice...... a broken wire.....

Cleaning the dust from the Z encoder would be second....

Loose screws on the back of the Z Truck too..... holding the belt.

Loose Z Motor mounting screws.....

Let us know....

AL