PDA

View Full Version : Logging debuging errors then reboot computer message???

Uncle joe's woodworx
07-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Here is a new one on me. While doing a 5 1/2 hour carve decided to hit the stop button,as I have done many times in the past, to take a break. The message appears on the screen "logging debuging errors" , so I wait a while and nothing happens. I finally give up and press the stop button again and get the message--"reboot the computer". I turn off the machine and of course lose my 1 1/2 hours of carve time, bring the card to the computer and flash it and read the error 'trace 001" . I then go back to my machine reinsert the card and all is well and start the next project with no problem yet. Could someone tell me what this is all about? ----- Just a note of interest ( I have been carving several STL items and have found when I get a Y axis error from a dull bit I change the material from select pine to MDF board and so far have carved 20 addtional hours on a dull bit with great results. Guess MDF is very soft.) Thank you JOE

Kenm810
07-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Hi Joe,

I can't really address your "logging debuging errors", I've never seen that one before.
But I have saved a few of my dull carving bit to carve several sample carvings of projects in MDF,
which extended the useful life of the bits, -- the MDF may be a little softer then some woods,
But I think the bit has it an easier time carving the MDF because it has no directional grain to fight against,
thus the nice results. ---- But one draw back to using MDF is the fine dust and its components,
can be a real killer!

Uncle joe's woodworx
07-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Hi Ken, I am starting to become a real fan of MDF due to it costing only about $1.00 per square foot( for 3/4 "). The dust is not a problem I have a 1650 cfm dust collector dedicated to my Carvewright and it works great with Floyds' Dust port from Ring NecK Blues. Since I paint most of my STL items MDF is working fine. I did finish the carve I started after clearing the error off my card with no problem. It is however making me gun shy on pressing the stop butt in the middle of a carve. Thank you and have a great day. JOE