PDA

View Full Version : Border on a large two-piece sign

onearmedwoodworker
07-06-2010, 03:58 PM
I am designing a 2 foot X 4 foot sign. There is a carving that will span across the two twelve inch boards vertically with text on each of the two boards to the right of the carving using centerline text. Is there any way to place an edge border on three of the four sides so that the pieces can be joined on one edge and have it appear as one piece with an edge route all the way around the two boards without having the edge route go on the edge where the two are joined?

AskBud
07-06-2010, 04:01 PM
I am designing a 2 foot X 4 foot sign. There is a carving that will span across the two twelve inch boards vertically with text on each of the two boards to the right of the carving using centerline text. Is there any way to place an edge border on three of the four sides so that the pieces can be joined on one edge and have it appear as one piece with an edge route all the way around the two boards without having the edge route go on the edge where the two are joined?
This Tip & Trick, about BIG SIGNS should help.
AskBud
http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/downloads/tips/CarveWrightTips&Tricks_Jul09.pdf

gwhiz
07-06-2010, 04:08 PM
It's probably easiest to just rout the edge with a router after assembly. But if you want the CW to do it, don't use the "Edge Rout" button. Just draw line segments at the edge on the three sides you want the edge routed and assign a bit.

CarverJerry
07-06-2010, 07:32 PM
I agree with George, use a hand router, it's faster and will save a lot of wear and tear on your machine.

CJ