PDA

View Full Version : Round_Shell_Box

NetRaven
07-06-2010, 03:00 AM
I am having problems with the tips & tricks April 2009. I unzipped the file, loaded into the software and then uploaded it. (No changes to the pattern are made.) The first cut is the inside of the lid and then it tells me to flip the board. (So the back has one cut only. It seems to do the front with no problems but I am missing the two cuts on the back. (While the fig. 2. shows six cuts, 3 on the back and three on the front. Has anyone else seen this?

NetRaven

AskBud
07-06-2010, 04:39 AM
I am having problems with the tips & tricks April 2009. I unzipped the file, loaded into the software and then uploaded it. (No changes to the pattern are made.) The first cut is the inside of the lid and then it tells me to flip the board. (So the back has one cut only. It seems to do the front with no problems but I am missing the two cuts on the back. (While the fig. 2. shows six cuts, 3 on the back and three on the front. Has anyone else seen this?

NetRaven
I just looked at the MPC.
There are 5 circles on the back, and they all are on the center carve (look at the carve List by clicking on the rim, after you click on the Rear Icon).
Each cut is just a bit different than the previous one. There are no other cuts/carves on the back. They are carving the recess lip for the lid.
What you are seeing, on the 2 outer circles are the shadows of the Cut-through carves from the top carving.
This look I did is called "Reverse Engineering. Which we do from time to time to figure out how someone designed a project.
AskBud

mtylerfl
07-06-2010, 09:00 AM
To echo what Bud said...the only thing cut on the back side is the lip of the lid (all back side functions are always performed FIRST). Just flip the board when prompted and you'll be fine. Also, Bud is correct when he mentioned as you're viewing the backside... cutouts are only performed on the FRONT of the board, and what you see on the back is simply the cut through preview exactly as the board will appear when you are finished with the project.