PDA

View Full Version : Attention Sears CompuCarve Customers

cmorlier
12-07-2006, 11:41 AM
It has come to our attention that some machines in the first shipment to Sears were shipped with the wrong firmware on the memory card. This is indicated by the following menu prompt:

MWM Test Menu
1) All Tests

If you see this message, power off the machine and take your memory card to your computer. Insert the memory card into the memory card programmer, and ensure that the programmer is connected to a USB port on your computer. Open up the CarveWright Designer software, and select the "Flash Manager" option from the File menu. The Designer will check the firmware and should offer to update it. Allow the update.

Now when you run the machine, you should see the following prompt:

CarveWright Main Menu
1) Project Menu

If you saw the "MWM Test Menu" display, and ran any of the options prior to updating your firmware, the machine calibration may have been lost. An easy way to verify that your calibration is valid is to check the machine serial number in the software. To do this, press the 0 key(zero for the Options Menu) and then the 4 key (for Show Serial Number option). The serial number displayed should match the barcoded serial number found next to the power cord on the base of the machine. If it says invalid or is different, please contact us for instructions on how to resolve this problem. We will need the serial number from the label on your machine and an email address.

As always, if you have any problems please contact us:
Phone: (713)473-6572
Email: support@carvewright.com

Mike
12-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Thanks for that info, but I cannot register the software online. went to carvewright and they gave me some help . after trying again (several steps) Now it says activation code invalid. Want the program more than 30 days. Mike

serbert
12-07-2006, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the response from Carvewright for the Sears customers. This seems to have cleared up my concerns for now. Tomorrow I will let the CHIPS fly !!!!!!!!!!!

Concrete Carver
03-10-2007, 04:13 PM
I ran the programs and wennt online and downloaded the up dates. When I try to download a project it says " Flash Writer not intalled" It is though. Sorry if I am hijacking, I joined Friday but I can only reply here. I can't post anywhere else. Help!!!:confused:
The green light is on when I plug it in. Is there a reason when I down loaded it didn't load a driver for it?

pkunk
03-10-2007, 06:31 PM
I ran the programs and wennt online and downloaded the up dates. When I try to download a project it says " Flash Writer not intalled" It is though. Sorry if I am hijacking, I joined Friday but I can only reply here. I can't post anywhere else. Help!!!:confused:
The green light is on when I plug it in. Is there a reason when I down loaded it didn't load a driver for it?
The cardreader doesn't need a driver. Maybe being plugged into the CPU directly & restarting will let it see it. As for posting do you have permissions? Did you respond to your confirmation email?

Concrete Carver
03-11-2007, 11:33 AM
Thanks for responding pkunk.
I plugged the card into the machine and it works fine. I am not all that computer savy, I am not sure what you mean by CPU. I have plugged the cord into every thing it fits into with the same results. :confused:

WFBill
03-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Thanks for responding pkunk.
I plugged the card into the machine and it works fine. I am not all that computer savy, I am not sure what you mean by CPU. I have plugged the cord into every thing it fits into with the same results. :confused:

Make sure you plug the card receiver into one of the back USB ports. Try unpluging all but the card. Also make sure that the card is all the way in, some times it seem all the way in, then it is not. I hope this works..

Concrete Carver
03-11-2007, 03:02 PM
There are 5 USB ports. I tried the ones in the back with the same results.

upcedar
03-11-2007, 07:14 PM
hey concrete, a cpu is your computer tower... i've been trying to post also, e-mailed pkunk and he said there having problem's with software. I forgot to reply to that e-mail they sent, darn-it!
when you open designer go to help, click on 'about' to see what version it is. i downloaded 1.20 to carverwright folder and then run the wizard to open an do it's ting. did couple cut's with no problem, running smooth & cool. Rick

BoardSilly
03-11-2007, 11:46 PM

A few simple questions and some direction for you.

1. The green light only means it has voltage
2. Does the PC recognize any other USB devices such as Thumb Drive etc.?
3. Do you have your USB ports enabled in the PC BIOS?
4. Are the USB ports factory provided or do you have an add on USB card?
5. What version of Windows are you running?
6. Do you have a USB expansion attached to any of the USB ports?
7 Can you try the USB card writer on another PC? Perhaps a friends. If it works on their PC then you know it is an issue with your PC and not the adapter.

Gman_Ind
03-30-2007, 01:09 PM
The card reader shows up on a windows XP system as a HID (human interface device) compliant device Seems silly but unplug the reader, turn on the PC, get it fully booted into windows then plug it into a different USB port. a windows message should popup saying a new HID is found and in a few seconds load the driver. USB is like this it either needs to be hot plugged in to load the windows drivers or if drivers are required run the setup first. No setup nor drivers needed with win XP.

kkbubu
04-09-2007, 05:33 PM
My folk's bought this machine and could not get the flash drive to work. I tried the drive in all ports of their brand new HP to no avail. We then went to my Dad's "gaming-machine", a mid nineties dinosaur that eats solitaire for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Jurassic as it is, it recognized the reader without a Tyrannosaur's hiccup. The difference in the two, aside from the obvious generation gap?? POWERED USB Baby!!! If you cannot get your flash drive to work I believe a powered hub may be your answer. They are easy to find, install and afford. Give it a shot, and thank the dinosaur!

benluz
05-25-2007, 08:46 PM
My folk's bought this machine and could not get the flash drive to work. I tried the drive in all ports of their brand new HP to no avail. We then went to my Dad's "gaming-machine", a mid nineties dinosaur that eats solitaire for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Jurassic as it is, it recognized the reader without a Tyrannosaur's hiccup. The difference in the two, aside from the obvious generation gap?? POWERED USB Baby!!! If you cannot get your flash drive to work I believe a powered hub may be your answer. They are easy to find, install and afford. Give it a shot, and thank the dinosaur!

usb may not be enabled in you in the system bios if you need detailed info on that send me a private message.
Ben

Randy
06-15-2007, 02:44 PM
I just set up my new machine out of the box. Dosen't seem to want to turn on. Dose the memory card have to be in the machine in order for it to turn on with the on/off switch?:confused:

Randy
06-15-2007, 02:46 PM
I just set up my new machine out of the box. Dosen't seem to want to turn on. Dose the memory card have to be in the machine in order for it to turn on with the on/off switch?:confused:

Thanks for any Help here.

rjustice
06-15-2007, 02:56 PM
Randy,

Yes memory card has to be in the machine for the LED display to come on when you power up. You should always turn power off when removing it or putting it back in.

Ron

BigMax
08-01-2007, 12:06 AM
Question - is your computer an older model with V.1.0 USB ports? I would suggest installing a version 2.0 complient card. You will get speed plus power.

The software worked on my system without any problem, but all my ports are 2.0 and powered. I had a similiar problem in the past with a V.1.0 external drive. The port did not provide power to the drive. Problem was resolved when I upgraded my USB card.

BigMax
09-02-2007, 11:46 AM
CPU stands for Central Processing Unit. Technically it's not the computer tower per se; but, rather the components that process the computer instructions within the computer tower. In the case of microcomputers, it is the microprocessor (Pentium 4, etc,) but could include the entire motherboard.

dragoncarver
09-17-2007, 04:10 PM
why is the price of the probe at carvewright $299.99 but at sears it is 399.99 i think i will take mine back to sears and buy the one from carvewright and save $100.00