PDA

View Full Version : Carvewright system required?

David O
07-04-2010, 02:52 AM
Hi all I live in the UK & love to purchase a Carvewright system, but it seems that they are only available in the US, can any help or point to a seller who will ship.

Thanks for any help

David O'Neill

FINGERS
07-04-2010, 08:31 AM
Hello overthere you can take buy one from Ebay but it would be sold as is, good luck.

c6craig
07-04-2010, 10:08 AM
I also thought I remember someone saying Jason at Little Red Woodshop would export them as well, but I may be mixing people up...

You can try him here:
Private message here on the forum - "LittleRedWoodshop"
OR
http://www.littleredwoodshop.com

Good luck,
Craig

Digitalwoodshop
07-04-2010, 12:36 PM
There are some UK users on this forum. Not sure the names but searching old posts on using a CW on the other side of the pond will find them fast along with the info on running them on a transformer and 50 Hz...

I believe LHR's official stand is that they do not export them or support exported machines due to the lead content in the circuit boards. The Machine does not meet the Euro Standard. I believe that Little Red can point you in the right direction.

Good Luck.... You should really try to get the new C version for reliability. Shipping parts to you for repairs of the A and B version can cost in shipping.... Forget the idea of a eBay machine.... Too many unknowns.... You want to start off on a good foot.... I recommend going with having a insider on this side of the pond.... Jason is your man....

AL