PDA

View Full Version : Carvetight upgrade

onearmedwoodworker
07-03-2010, 02:23 PM
After six and a half long months of struggling with my machine I sent it into the factory for the Carvetight upgrade. I was totally frustrated with the lack of performance after a futile Seventeen hours of cut tume on the machine. For a hobby rated machine this was really looking like a poor investment.

But........, I agreed to try the upgrade from the QC to the Carvetight. My machine now works like I thought it would! The Carvetight spindle is far more accurate and is slightly quieter. There are no more lines across the carving region and outside of the carving area. I took a jpeg image and imported it in for four carvings on cutting boards for the local BBQ cook off and fireworks show. It gracefully carved through the maple boards and on the Walnut and oak board it became a covetted award!

I now have put anothe seventeen plus carving hours on my machine. Would I recommend the upgrade, MOST DEFINITELY. As my sign-on name implies, I am handicapped and bought the Carvewright machine to aid in my woodworking. The QC was difficult for me to use, but the Carvetight is fast and very simple to change bits as you start the project and throughout.

I will be posting the results of my Carvewright with the Carvetight upgrade that look great and show what this machine can do.

TIMCOSBY
07-05-2010, 01:48 AM
welcome to the forum. seems like the unbalanced chucks were the root of most peoples problems.

onearmedwoodworker
07-06-2010, 01:24 PM
If that is the case, is that not a defect in manufacturering? The upgrade has finally made my machine function as advertised. It cost me and the others who have had to upgrade their inadequate machines a great deal more than the original purchase price to get what they originally paid for. Half of my warranty is gone due to faulty design of thr msnufscturer. All of the expense of shipping, insurance, and trying to meet commitments to my customers projects. I have never experienced having to fund all of the support costs. I do not mean to be so negative, but it took six months to get my machine to the shape it was suppose to be "right out of the box".

I am happy with the results that I am now able to obtain from my Carvewright. It is now producing really great projects that I have designed. It is great to see the peoples' faces and their reactions to what I have made for them.