PDA

View Full Version : Measurment problem( continuing)

Air-Cop
06-30-2010, 09:12 PM
I posted a thread a couple of days ago, regarding a measurment problem. I received good Information to the problem, I found and replaced the "O" ring on the Brass Wheel> I made all the checks as the book instructed: Y position: 0.001-Z position: 0.002-BoardSensor: O- Front & Back rollers :OK-Prob status: Open- Cut sensor:O- The X position was -142.149 I reset by hand to 0.000
Bro tracking: -18.658. I reset to 0.000. I tried a new piece and still got a bad reading. I did notice the did notice the Sandpaper Belt seems to have moved away from the Brass Wheel, somewhat, but still makes contact. (How do I make an adjustment?) or should I make an adjustment. I am very good at taking things apart, but not the best at putting them back together.Any assistance would be appreciated. I would like to thank (AskBud) & (Doelman) for the assistance previously. Air-Cop

dbfletcher
06-30-2010, 09:21 PM
This may be a shot in the dark, but when you load a board are you just laying the board on the belts and then pulling it over to the squaring plate (keypad side of machine). Or are you laying it on top of the brass roller so the keypad side edge is parallel with the squaring plate. I only ask because one of my early pilot errors was exactly that. I didn't like how the board rocked a little when u line it up with the squaring plate to start. Pulling the board over almost always screws up the o-ring and could cause some measuring issues.

Air-Cop
06-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Thanks Doug for your reply. I did knock the O ring off in the past. I have replaced it and now very careful when I place the board on the belt. Thanks

Digitalwoodshop
07-01-2010, 11:21 AM
You could very easily have a rolled under sand paper belt under the cut motor, rolled under on the brass roller side. This raises the board and when the board is near the end it can lift..... You really can't see the rolled over belt... I couldn't.... You need to look at the far side and see if it is missing... Shorter than the back belt...

I would check head level too....

AL

Air-Cop
07-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Thanks Al: Will try looking at the Belt.. I will also try the Masking Tape. Any other suggestions, I will try them also.. Air_cop

Digitalwoodshop
07-01-2010, 09:45 PM
With the belt rolled under, I have been ripping a 1/2 inch off brass roller side of the forward belt a few times on my machine. I need to change a belt soon.

I rip it and roll the belts and pull, it rotates the belts all the way around.

AL

Ron Baird
07-02-2010, 09:11 AM
I don't know if you have checked your head pressure but if you have not it may be causing the problem. There are posts on how to do this. If it is not correct it will cause a measurement problem.

Digitalwoodshop
07-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Good Points Ron.... I think that a head pressure check and a head level check is a good idea too.... Install a bit and board and touch the left and right side of the board looking at the numbers in sensor data... The CW Doctor equivalent of "Turn your head and Cough" check up.... Or a hernia check.... :DOuch....:D "Cough !!!"...:roll:

AL