PDA

View Full Version : Sears Compucarve ("A" Model) and Accessories for Sale - SOLD!

toymaker
06-30-2010, 03:23 PM
It seems that there are a lot of these for sale these days. Although I like the machine, I just haven't used it as much as I thought I would. This one is one of the original models from 2006. 4 years old with very few carve hours on it. The machine still has the original box it was bought in; it comes with a scanning probe, the full set of Carvewright bits (never used), and "the Rock" spindle upgrade. The machine has the upgraded z-pack assembly and a brand new board sensor. I have never had any major problems with the machine and it has never been sent in for repairs. Any and all problems were user error. The Flexshaft has been taken well care of and lubed on a regular basis.
Also included is the printed out manuals for the machine and software, a set of replacement sandpaper traction belts, all of the Tips and Tricks from years past, and all the important notes and posts I have printed out from the beginning. There will also be a couple packets of molly grease (Crane Cam) that I have used to keep the flex shaft lubed.

Total Cut Motor Time 78hrs 27min
Total Power On Time 2158hrs 15min
Total Servoing Time 93hrs 34min
Total Scanning Time 10hrs 59min

I am asking $800 for the whole setup and buyer will pay for shipping (calculate shipping from zip code 83854).

mabco12
07-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Hi Toymaker,
Investment on buying these machines is not that great from what I gather. I would like to offer the & 800 dollar price tag but split the shipping because I know I am going to have to make upgrades to the A version machine. I would be buying this out of my own pocket for my students at the school I teach at for more opportunities for them to experience cnc woodworking avenues. Please let me know if you would consider my offer??

Mabco12

mabco12
07-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Hi Toymaker,
It is me again and I want you to consider your mantra of "One can not move forward until they leave the past behind". I will take over and move ahead with my students so that you can leave your past experience behind. Hoping you will get my point of this reply?????

Mabco12

toymaker
07-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Mabco12, I will split the shipping with you. PM me and we can discuss the rest. I am not sure what other upgrades you are thinking of since I have upgraded the Z pack assembly and the Quick Change assembly to the Rock. But, I will split the shipping.

Toymaker

mabco12
07-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Hello carvers,
I have purchased this unit from the toymaker and I hope students will appreciate it in their curriculum??? I have three machine now and the students will not to wait as long to design and carve their own creations. :D

Take care all
:)