PDA

View Full Version : moly

CHRISTIAN
06-28-2010, 05:16 PM
After reading the thread on moly here in the forum I struck out to find some. Guess what I didn't find any anywhere. I did find some moly grease so my question is if I work it into the cable and wipe off the excess could I use it on my flex shaft core???

Christian

spalted
06-28-2010, 05:53 PM
I don't think moly grease is a good idea it's to thick I think.

Check at an auto parts store, many chain lubes contain moly and many parts stores carry Gunk or Liquid Wrench Brand products

Chief
06-28-2010, 06:30 PM
After reading the thread on moly here in the forum I struck out to find some. Guess what I didn't find any anywhere. I did find some moly grease so my question is if I work it into the cable and wipe off the excess could I use it on my flex shaft core???

Christian
Christian,

Harbor Freight carries the preferred moly. I got it at a local Harbor Freight but I imagine that you could find it on their web site if you don't have a local Harbor Freight. IIRC, the price was about $4.75.

bjbethke
06-28-2010, 07:02 PM

Christian

I use Moly Grease on my Kubota Backhoe and my CarveWright unit it works great. I lubed my CW unit May 2009 and it still stays at room temperature.

I buy mine from Wal-Mart about $2.00 a tube.

unitedcases
06-28-2010, 08:34 PM
I as well used the moly grease for some time. I dont think it penetrates as well just because it isnt a liquid but it will suffice in a pinch. I lubed mine with the spray a long time ago and it is still holding strong. I check the temp by putting my hand on it and even down close to the truck it doesnt even get that hot. I think I originally got mine at a ACE hardware.

CHRISTIAN
07-01-2010, 06:05 PM
thanks for the input, just as I was going to get the grease my neighbor brought me some spray lube from Harbor Freight.

christian