PDA

View Full Version : Back in the saddle again

Woodhacker
06-28-2010, 09:58 AM
I was having a problem with my machine a few months back. Head would not go down to hit the bit detector lever. Got a little feedback, but nothing seemed to work. Now, am trying to get back up and running. First problem outta the gate is a "clear board sensor" error. I have gone back and read through the forum to see what could be causing the problem, but nothing has seemed to work. Anyone have any ideas. I wanna carve some more!! Thanks guys!!

dbfletcher
06-28-2010, 10:05 AM
Have you tried the "white paper test"? What where your readings? You could have a dirty lense, dust on the inside of the lense, or one (or two) od the leds broken. Also, is your board a light or dark colored board? If dark a strip of masking tape across the board where the board sensor travels helps.

Woodhacker
06-28-2010, 10:11 AM
Have you tried the "white paper test"? What where your readings? You could have a dirty lense, dust on the inside of the lense, or one (or two) od the leds broken. Also, is your board a light or dark colored board? If dark a strip of masking tape across the board where the board sensor travels helps.

Have not tried the white paper test. Duh, how quickly I forget things....lol. Did not look at the readings and am not too sure what readings I should be looking for. I cleaned off the lens with a clean soft rag. Could be dust inside the lens, but don't know how to get that out. Don't know how to check for broken leds. You guys have been fantastic in the past and I know this problem will get resolved. Thanks Doug.

Digitalwoodshop
06-28-2010, 06:45 PM
140 to 156 with white copy paper and cranked down on the wood.

AL