PDA

View Full Version : Save Progress?

unitedcases
06-27-2010, 08:33 AM
So, started a pretty long carve last night with the intent of pausing it and letting it finish first thing this morning. Do you think they will ever come out with a option that allows you to save your progress and pick up where you left off? I know alot of people are going to say why? But I know alot of people are thinking what I am saying.

Smoken D
06-27-2010, 08:53 AM
Would sure be nice for those 12/14+ hour carves.

unitedcases
06-27-2010, 08:56 AM
Exactly!!!!!!!

jaroot
06-27-2010, 09:10 AM
You've got my vote! It seems like I always end up starting a long carve way too late and I really hate to leave the machine carving after 9 or 10 because I don't want to disturb the neighbors and because I don't totally trust the machine. And stopping it and just leaving it on doesn't seem right.

But this thread should probably be put in the Designer Software Wish List forum: http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?1722-CarveWright-Designer-wishlist

www.go3d.us
06-27-2010, 11:08 AM
True, it would be nice. Right now the stop button can be use as an alternative just as long as the machine is in current stage, plugged in and powered on as is just before the stop button is depressed. And pray to God that you don't have power outage. Also I don't know if sleep mode will have any negative effect after pressing the stop button.

unitedcases
06-27-2010, 11:11 AM
I actually had a carve going last night and stopped it around midnight, got back up at 830 and it was back to the beginning screen. 4 hours of aircarving.

gwhiz
06-27-2010, 11:31 AM
I actually had a carve going last night and stopped it around midnight, got back up at 830 and it was back to the beginning screen. 4 hours of aircarving.

In the past, I've been able to place a zero carve region over the area that is already carved and have the machine pick up where it left off. There was a slight line where it re-started, but it was easily sanded out.

unitedcases
06-27-2010, 11:57 AM
Just tried. Other than having to reload the card it can save time. Definitely a lesson learned.

alan.galbraith
06-28-2010, 08:13 AM
I had the same thing happen to me yesterday, made about 60 percent of the carve and it stopped. I remembered an earlier post about the 0 carve region. It worked like a charm.

spalted
06-28-2010, 08:30 AM
I thought you could just open the cover, then close it in the morning and it will pick up were it left off? Or am I mistaken?

I know it's not exactly a graceful solution, but I think it would work.

Router-Jim
06-28-2010, 08:53 AM
I thought you could just open the cover, then close it in the morning and it will pick up were it left off? Or am I mistaken?

I'm not sure if the machine will hold the project that long or if it goes into a preset shutdown. One thing that I do know is that the clock keeps running from when you start a project to when it's finished, so that might be a consideration for those still under warrenty.

gwhiz
06-28-2010, 09:17 AM
I had the same thing happen to me yesterday, made about 60 percent of the carve and it stopped. I remembered an earlier post about the 0 carve region. It worked like a charm.

I just had the occasion to do this yesterday too--twice on the same carve.

alan.galbraith
06-28-2010, 09:58 AM
The open cover and close cover is why mine stopped. Didn't think that was supposed to happen. O well, it worked out in the end.

Router-Jim
06-28-2010, 11:32 AM
I also had that happen when I opened the cover. First time in over three years that it's done that . I hope it's not a glitch in the lasted edition of the software.

unitedcases
06-28-2010, 08:32 PM
For this one particular carve I would really rather carve it on Best which is a 14 hour carve. So I made a "A", "B" and "C" carve where I basically zeroed out a third at a time. So each carve is roughly 4.5 hours, ish. So that way when I want to do it when I get home I can be done around 9 or 10. Plus I like to keep clean bits so this enables me to clean the bit with some oven cleaner and no bogging down. However doing it on best it isnt cutting as much with each pass but I like to make my bits last as long as possible.

jaroot
06-28-2010, 08:33 PM

That would probably work except on my machine one of the switches has failed so I had to by-pass it so now when I open the cover the cut motor stops but the trucks don't. That doesn't work so well!:roll:

unitedcases
06-28-2010, 08:35 PM
I did the same thing, so I bypassed both. It is safer to hit the "stop" button anyway.

TIMCOSBY
06-29-2010, 01:48 AM
warranty is on cut motor time not power on time.