PDA

View Full Version : Check Motor?

James RS
06-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Hello all, I was doing a nameplate sign with centerline text the other day when it was just about complete the machine stops and a Check Motor error pops up. With the option to continue or stop, I continued as I had 1 letter left. I checked
everything I could see, the flex cable wasn't even warm and no binding of any kind anywhere. I was using a 60 degree bit. I allotted for the 3.5" on the end also the board was 3/4 x 5-1/2 x 48" I just purchased. No cupping of the board either.

Stumped,
James RS

dbfletcher
06-24-2010, 03:24 PM
This seems to be a fairly common issue esp. when doing centerline. I think general concensus is that is is a firmware bug that was introduced a few versions ago. If you spin the chuck by hand when in options/sensor check and you see it counting the revolutions... I wouldnt worry about it.

Doug Fletcher

unitedcases
06-24-2010, 03:28 PM
I have heard that centerline really ramps up the motor. I have had the same errors and I just hit continue. Maybe the motor just wants a break.

CarverJerry
06-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Yeah, thats common, seems like every time I do centerline text I get that "check motor" and I just press continue and every thing seems ok.

CJ

James RS
06-25-2010, 02:33 AM
Thanks guys

Celticwood
07-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Yeah, thats common, seems like every time I do centerline text I get that "check motor" and I just press continue and every thing seems ok.

CJ
BUT....the machine continues at full speed, and if you are doing a long process, the shaft will heat up. I have this problem too, and Carvewright has not been able to resolve it.

By the way, I have a sister living in Cuyahoga Falls.

Celticwood

dbfletcher
07-05-2010, 07:17 PM
You might want to relube your flexshaft. I've also get this error, and have done multi-hour centerlines but then shaft never get above 105-108 degrees as measures by and IR thermometer. Also make sure you dont get any ube in the tophat area, that can will heat up the z-truck and that heat can be carried to the flex-shaft. I agree it is a bug in the fimraware, but it doesn't seem to have any impact for most of us.