PDA

View Full Version : stuck in bit changing loop too!

russell
06-22-2010, 08:51 PM
I just got done with a VBS project of 42 small signs. I inserted a 43rd piece of wood and now it is suck in the bit changing loop. It's a simple project requiring only a 90 degree v-bit. I've read and tried all the things mentioned in the other thread " stuck in bit changing loop" and had no luck. I have tried it many times with the same outcome. One thing caught my eye, everything seems to go as usual except that when it says finding surface it doesn't touch the wood, it comes about a 1/8" from it. Best a can remember from watching it before it always touchs wood. Any ideas? The bit plate comes out properly and the bit touches it properly.

jaroot
06-22-2010, 09:36 PM
I just got done with a VBS project of 42 small signs. I inserted a 43rd piece of wood and now it is suck in the bit changing loop. It's a simple project requiring only a 90 degree v-bit. I've read and tried all the things mentioned in the other thread " stuck in bit changing loop" and had no luck. I have tried it many times with the same outcome. One thing caught my eye, everything seems to go as usual except that when it says finding surface it doesn't touch the wood, it comes about a 1/8" from it. Best a can remember from watching it before it always touchs wood. Any ideas? The bit plate comes out properly and the bit touches it properly.

I guess if you've tried everything then this probably won't help. Check to make sure that the wood is the same thiickness as the others and that it isn't warped. I put a glued up piece in my machine that wasn't exactly, well not really even close, flat and the machine had fits. Changed to another peice of wood and everything was fine.

earlyrider
06-22-2010, 10:13 PM
Check for a stuck bearing on the Z truck, check for something stuck on the rails, check the z belt and cogs for an impacted wood chip, and if nothing shows up there, then check the Z encoder for dust. Should be one of these.
Ron

cnsranch
06-23-2010, 08:44 AM
And make sure your bit hasn't come loose in it's adapter...