PDA

View Full Version : Who wants an adirondack chair?

lesuer27
06-22-2010, 05:06 PM
I just recently sufered a knee injury at work so now I have alot of extra time to play around on this thing. I did a search and it didn't look like anyone else had posted this up so I figured I would make my contribution.
Not exactly perfect but it is close enough I believe I hit all the crucial dimensions. Designed to use 3/4 inch planks.
I did not choose a bit in the mpc because I know people like to do it different ways, and max depth should be chosen due to different hardness of wood.
Enjoy 8)

Instructions, pictures, and design can be found at

http://www.tulsawalk.com/projects/jakeschair/index.html

lesuer27
06-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Heres the 6th mpc

PCW
06-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the share. I always wanted to make one of these.

William Blankenship
06-22-2010, 05:19 PM
Hope the knee mends. Thanks for sharing. I might have to make one of these. Looks pretty straight forward. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Bill...

robbrigg2
06-22-2010, 05:22 PM
sorry to hear about your trouble but thanks for the contribution....

lesuer27
06-22-2010, 06:29 PM
I was hoping someone would be able to carve and show it here. I won't be able to get out in the garage for a while but I am dreaming of carving it. It does seem like a straight forward project that will be fun and very rewarding

James RS
06-23-2010, 04:56 PM
Thank you for your post, I actually had found the same plans and was in the process of doing what you already did with the files. Now to just find some time
Again Thank You and I hope you heal fast and strong.

James RS

jaroot
06-23-2010, 10:19 PM
Well I made a couple of Adirondack chairs this spring. I originally started to put the patterns into designer but decided that it was much faster to make a pattern and use a hand router. Plus it saved a lot of stress on the CW. But I did do some carving on them. Some of you have seen them already but here's for those that haven't.

CarverJerry
06-24-2010, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the files for the adirondack chair, something I may trying when winter comes back around.

CJ

WRW
06-24-2010, 11:59 AM
I have been planning to make templates for one these for some time thanks for doing if tor us. Hope your back to carving soon.
Have a great day.