PDA

View Full Version : project with cut path

Jcpb321
06-21-2010, 09:57 AM
I have tried to do a couple projects that get cutout with cutpath around the patterns and have not had any luck!

When it asks for the 1/8" cut bit then does the check returns to keypad side goes up and down on the side then on the board then again on the side it comes up and says it is too thick to cut through, 1)abort 2)continue. If I press continue, change to the carve bit the project cuts all the design as it should asks for cut bit, does bit check then says error and quits.

So I restart machine, press 7 and measure depth, put in 1/8 cut bit, measures board and says depth is 5.000 ????? don't know where it get this!

Take out project with sled adn replace it with 3/4" piece, redo the depth check and it says .773 which is correct, replace with sled and project redo and it comes up with 5.000 again.

Read manual, tips & tricks about cut path, sleds etc. according to what I read it should make no difference when you use a sled or carrier board.

Am I missing something in designer?? like setting the depth of cut path, I can't find where i did anything wrong!

John

AskBud
06-21-2010, 10:50 AM
I think all you need to do is use the keypad to give the unit the correct wood (project) thickness.
I'm not sure what version of the SW you currently use. Most times you get a question, from the CW, that asks if you want to do the Measured thickness (Board & Sled) or the Project. It may also just be waiting on you to input the actual thickness of your board in place of the 5.000.

Watch each question closely, your answers are the guide for what happens!
AskBud

Jcpb321
06-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Bud,

Me thinks something is screwed up, I just did same test again!

Why when I put in a board 3/4" it measures correctly within a couple thou then I just took another sled and put it in upside down and it measured 5.000

If I do put in the correct thickness of the sled and project it will be over 1" if I put in .773 actual thickness of project board it comes up with an error, it is still seeing 5.000

I am using 1.164

I just used the carving bit this time and still came up with the same errors, the project is running now, I used the carving bit when it asked for cutting bit. I will probably need to cutout with scroll saw again but ........ at least it will get finished, maybe get some of the dust off the scroll saw!

John

Jcpb321
06-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Well I went back to designer select bit on cut path set depth to .74 1/8 cut bit with 1/8" pass, uploaded and ran it, when it asked for cut bit after design was finished it did its thing finding the bit etc but after it came to the keypad side and went up and down it came up with an error.
1) re find depth 2)continue, i told it tto refind depth, did the same thing, I told it to continue and right or wrong it is running!

I am sure this is not the proper way it should be done but ............

John