PDA

View Full Version : Spice Rack

alan.galbraith
06-21-2010, 09:36 AM
Here's something I'm working on to have all parts cut out on the Carvewright. I have some parts perfected but am having problems with others. Also, There are no fancy carvings on any parts yet either.

chebytrk
06-21-2010, 09:40 AM
Very nice looking. Are you planning of putting a design on the front "pull down" facing? Great job !

easybuilt
06-21-2010, 09:44 AM
WOW! Those came out great! A beautiful job in wood working.

waltmere
06-21-2010, 09:53 AM
Looks Great

alan.galbraith
06-21-2010, 10:09 AM
here's one that I'm about to make. Bought the pattern on the pattern depot.

I will post all the mpc's once I have it perfected. On this one, I'm not sure about the cutout for the finger pull.

Fardoche
06-21-2010, 10:31 AM
WOW, I like it very much!

Good work!

chebytrk
06-21-2010, 10:41 AM
here's one that I'm about to make. Bought the pattern on the pattern depot.

I will post all the mpc's once I have it perfected. On this one, I'm not sure about the cutout for the finger pull.

Careful on posting any "purchased" pattern. .... Just an FYI.........

henry1
06-21-2010, 11:29 AM
nice work were you get the pattern

Icutone2
06-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Very nice job! Thay look great! Thanks for posting them.
Lee

alan.galbraith
06-21-2010, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the heads up on posting a purchased pattern. Just wanted to show an example of one that I am working on. I haven't done any carvings on any of the previous racks.

They idea came from a friends spice rack.

TIMCOSBY
06-21-2010, 05:22 PM
if the pattern was from the lhr pattern depot post away. it cant be used by anyone else.

chebytrk
06-21-2010, 05:32 PM
if the pattern was from the lhr pattern depot post away. it cant be used by anyone else.

You are correct and I stand corrected. My apology......

dbfletcher
06-21-2010, 05:45 PM
You are correct and I stand corrected. My apology......

It seems "we" all know that, but for some reason many (all?) of the mods still remove any commercial patten. I dont get the logic since we can't "do" anthing with the pattern (when it appears in RED) and I dont think it is any differnt than choosing the "try" option from the pattern store.

Doug Fletcher

CarverJerry
06-21-2010, 06:50 PM
Cool looking project. A carving on the front would really be nice and then maybe even the spice name with center line text by the round hole....

CJ

alan.galbraith
06-22-2010, 06:23 PM
The mpc that I have for the spice bottle holes, has a slot carved, then you would put the spice name on paper and then it is covered with a piece of plexiglass. Not everyone uses the same spices. You could carve anything on the front doors, the top or the sides or all. I have come to the conclusion that the only parts that are worth carving on the carvewright is the part for the holes and of course if you want to carve patterns on any of those parts. See my other post under troubleshooting about the size of some dadoes.

mtylerfl
06-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Excellent work, Alan! Very impressive and useful. It's a winner, for sure!

mtylerfl
06-22-2010, 06:54 PM
It seems "we" all know that, but for some reason many (all?) of the mods still remove any commercial patten. I dont get the logic since we can't "do" anthing with the pattern (when it appears in RED) and I dont think it is any differnt than choosing the "try" option from the pattern store.

Doug Fletcher

Hi Doug,

I believe the reason is that no one can keep track of whether a commercial pattern is actually from the Depot or not (i.e., is copy-protected) when an mpc is initially posted. Better to err on the side of being cautious, so all mpc's with commercial patterns are removed, just in case.

eelamb
06-22-2010, 08:44 PM
Michael, how do they determine it is a commercial pattern in the MPC? I understand the license from tthe depot.

mtylerfl
06-22-2010, 08:47 PM
Michael, how do they determine it is a commercial pattern in the MPC? I understand the license from tthe depot.

Hi Eddie,

I am guessing that the pattern creator notifies a moderator when they notice it. I know I have had to do that myself on a few occasions.

alan.galbraith
06-23-2010, 02:20 PM
Since I have this pattern on the mpc and someone tried to upload/modify, would it not stop you from doing so?

Fardoche
06-23-2010, 03:15 PM
Hi,

can you repost the mpc file ?

eelamb
06-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Thanks Michael T. My next question would have been is there software to add something to your PTN files, like the depot does to prevent the uploading to the card. But I see it is up to the creator to find the pattern and inform the moderators. makes since to me now.

James RS
06-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Could you post a picture with the pattern and post the mpc file without the pattern

alan.galbraith
06-25-2010, 07:21 AM
Without the pattern it is basically a rectangle. If anyone is interested I can upload the mpcs that I have so far. I believe you would need the actual plans to finish the project. Which I can do, but that may take a while.

chebytrk
06-25-2010, 08:45 AM
Without the pattern it is basically a rectangle. If anyone is interested I can upload the mpcs that I have so far. I believe you would need the actual plans to finish the project. Which I can do, but that may take a while.

I think that would be great if you could upload what you have and whenever you get around to it perhaps post the plans. Just an interesting project to try and expand on.

Thanks.......