PDA

View Full Version : Just received my compucarve / broken

beckntrav
06-18-2010, 07:01 AM
I just purchased a compucarve online. It looks like it has a short list of problems. I'm hoping I can make one post and let you all throw ideas at it.

1. front and back rollers take a lot of force to register compressed. They I start the program and the says something about feed stuck. Any thoughts?

2. The clutch seems to be worn out. It disengages at almost any level of force. Is there an adjustment, repair kit.

I think I was ripped off on this unit. What do you suggest on getting it repaired?

AskBud
06-18-2010, 07:22 AM
I just purchased a compucarve online. It looks like it has a short list of problems. I'm hoping I can make one post and let you all throw ideas at it.

1. front and back rollers take a lot of force to register compressed. They I start the program and the says something about feed stuck. Any thoughts?

2. The clutch seems to be worn out. It disengages at almost any level of force. Is there an adjustment, repair kit.

I think I was ripped off on this unit. What do you suggest on getting it repaired?

I presume that this unit is a "Used" machine.
I would suggest sending it to LHR for the CarveTight package that includes the "Multi-Point" inspection/repair.
YES, it cost, but in the long run, you will have many less problems and frustrations.
AskBud