PDA

View Full Version : Pattern download problem

George Williamson
06-17-2010, 09:34 PM
I downloaded a pattern to "TRY" It appears there is a built in flaw so you can only try it. I don't have a problem with that of course. So then I bought the pattern. Downloaded and registered the pattern but cannot get rid of the flaw.I thought I deleted the original TRY Any ideas?
Thanks
George

Router-Jim
06-17-2010, 09:46 PM
George, in the Designer program, go to the help menu on the top toolbar. There you can manage licenses. You should have received an email when you bought the pattern. The email will contain a license activation number that you need to use.

HTH

Jim

lynnfrwd
06-17-2010, 09:48 PM
There are no built in flaws. Send email to sales@carvewright.com and we will look at it in the morning.

lynnfrwd
06-17-2010, 09:50 PM
If properly registered or activated the background of that pattern changes from red.

George Williamson
06-18-2010, 08:14 AM
Thank you for your comments. The pattern is properly registered. The box went from red to black, and the pattern was perfect until I placed it on the "board" for layout. Then a small rectangular cutout appears on the lefthand side. This was there when I did the "TRy" that is why I thought it was a built-in flaw.

AskBud
06-18-2010, 08:20 AM
Thank you for your comments. The pattern is properly registered. The box went from red to black, and the pattern was perfect until I placed it on the "board" for layout. Then a small rectangular cutout appears on the lefthand side. This was there when I did the "TRy" that is why I thought it was a built-in flaw.

What is the name of the pattern?
Let me look at the "try it", and see if we can better determine the source of your problem.
AskBud

George Williamson
06-18-2010, 10:16 AM
Thanks, the pattern is "Large Fish Trout." Hope you can solve the problem

AskBud
06-21-2010, 02:01 AM
I downloaded a pattern to "TRY" It appears there is a built in flaw so you can only try it. I don't have a problem with that of course. So then I bought the pattern. Downloaded and registered the pattern but cannot get rid of the flaw.I thought I deleted the original TRY Any ideas?
Thanks
George

George,
It's not a download flaw. It's a pattern that the vendor failed to cross check fully, prior to placing it in the store. That is something that LHR did not check as it passed their "noise" test. It has a unwanted line to the left of the body of the fish. The Vendor will need to revise the pattern to eliminate the problem. In the meantime, the users may mask the problem by placing a Carve Area around the fish and the flaw, using the same depth as they use for the pattern.

The vendor is eromran. you will need that person to send you a revised pattern, without the "Flaw". It is SKU #3260. I don't think LHR can revise the pattern.
AskBud

George Williamson
06-21-2010, 11:52 AM
Thanks very much for the explanation it is appreciated. For the benefit of myself and anybody else having problems like this how do we contact the vendor "eroman"?

AskBud
06-21-2010, 11:56 AM
"eromran" should be able to get PMs.
Watch your spelling.
AskBud

Router-Jim
06-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Thanks very much for the explanation it is appreciated. For the benefit of myself and anybody else having problems like this how do we contact the vendor "eroman"?
You can also find someone's name in the membership list under the "Community" tab on the top of the forum page. Click on the name and there is an option to send a personal message.

HTH

Jim

George Williamson
06-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Thanks Jim. To Carve Wright staff a comment. The pattern maybe supplied by a vendor but it is being sold under the Carve Wright name.
According to "AskBud" there is supposed to be some kind of filtering for defects. I don't see why I have to spend my time trying to solve this problem.
The problem is now known and Carve Wright is aware of it so why don't you inform the vendor of the defect. That way someone else who orders the pattern wont have to
go through all the aggravation

AskBud
06-23-2010, 09:54 PM
By now, you should have gotten a PM from the vendor, and be on the way to a resolution of your flawed pattern.
AskBud

eromran
06-23-2010, 10:02 PM
I have PM ed you my email. Once you get it it will be taken care of.

George Williamson
06-24-2010, 08:58 PM
Thanks all. The problem has been resolved with a fast response from eromran. Now I am very familiar with how to deal with any future glitches.
Regards,
George