PDA

View Full Version : Adapter

jaroot
06-16-2010, 06:20 PM
I guess that it won't be hard to remove the adapter from this bit. This happened about 10 minutes into the very first time I used this bit. I was watching the machine pretty close because an odd noise. I thought that I could see some visibly perceptible run out in the bit and then I noticed that more and more of the shaft was showing. Rushed over and stopped the carve and as the spindle lifted the bit fell out. :roll:

AskBud
06-16-2010, 06:22 PM
I guess that it won't be hard to remove the adapter from this bit. This happened about 10 minutes into the very first time I used this bit. I was watching the machine pretty close because an odd noise. I thought that I could see some visibly perceptible run out in the bit and then I noticed that more and more of the shaft was showing. Rushed over and stopped the carve and as the spindle lifted the bit fell out. :roll:

This is a good reason to get a Rock or the new CarveTight chuck!
AskBud

jaroot
06-16-2010, 06:31 PM
This is a good reason to get a Rock or the new CarveTight chuck!
AskBud

Yes. We have already ordered a cutting bit with the new collar and the spacers and the split collet. Next payday its the CT and a carving bit. We would have gone with the Rock but we have been having problems with the z truck and thought that it would be wise to replace it as well which made the CT the cheapest option.

Digitalwoodshop
06-16-2010, 06:49 PM
I completed a few carves in the winter with no problem. Next morning the bit had fallen out of the bit holder overnight in the below Zero Shop temp...

It has not been posted in a while with so many ROCKS and CT's.... But users of the QC should remove the screws from new bit holders and tighten them with lock tite in the threads.

AL