PDA

View Full Version : Bit Confused

Woodlegend
06-15-2010, 08:03 PM
I have sent my machine to get it upgraded. I confused with which bits will work. I looked at my bit set and the 1/2" has a nut, that i assume I remove to use the 1/2" straight bit. The 1/4" decorative bits seemed to be pressed in with no nut. Can I use the 1/4" pressed decortive bits some how in the new bit changer?
Thanks

Icutone2
06-16-2010, 07:55 AM
Are you using the bits from Carvewright?
Lee

AskBud
06-16-2010, 08:02 AM
I have sent my machine to get it upgraded. I confused with which bits will work. I looked at my bit set and the 1/2" has a nut, that i assume I remove to use the 1/2" straight bit. The 1/4" decorative bits seemed to be pressed in with no nut. Can I use the 1/4" pressed decortive bits some how in the new bit changer?
Thanks

the QC Adapters have 2 styles.
The 1/2" shank bits are secured by a threaded "Nut type" arrangement (loosened with a wrench).
The 1/4" bits are secured by the 2 Allen head screws that also assist in turning the bit. These are removed with the Allen wrench.
AskBud

dbfletcher
06-16-2010, 08:07 AM
The 1/4" bits are secured by the 2 Phillips screws that also assist in turning the bit. These are removed with the Phillips wrench.
AskBud

??? Mine where all socket head (allen) ??? Did they have two versions? I bought my bit set way back in 2007.

Doug Fletcher

AskBud
06-16-2010, 08:10 AM
??? Mine where all socket head (allen) ??? Did they have two versions? I bought my bit set way back in 2007.

Doug Fletcher
My bad, "Allen" is correct!
AskBud