PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Error 3 HELP

plrichardny
06-15-2010, 01:42 PM
This machine takes a lot of patience. just turned it on today, and get a fatal error "3". I used it for the first time last night. It was working fine when I shut it down. Tried different things with turning on and the card.. still same results. I have work to do, and this machine is so darn touchy. I studied all I could before even unpacking it. If I can get this thing to work consistently, I will be happy. Thanks...pat

spalted
06-15-2010, 01:54 PM
Someone with more knowledge than me will be along shortly.

But for now........

Did the machine happen to get unplugged or the power interrupted in some fashion while the card was in it and the switch was on?

Have you tried reformatting the card?

Kenm810
06-15-2010, 01:57 PM
plrichardny,

I never had one myself but a quick Forum Search
brought up a whole page of posts with info about it.

Like this one --- Fatal Error ( 3)! (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=13543&highlight=Fatal+Error+3)

Digitalwoodshop
06-15-2010, 07:20 PM
Could be you are trying to cut path something too thick....

AL

baby15
01-21-2011, 05:30 PM
i have had fatol error 4 an fatal error 3 where is the pdf files for it

Digitalwoodshop
01-21-2011, 07:04 PM
Try formatting the card and reloading the projects. With this one, it is process of elimination and the first step is do the reformat then tell us what it is doing when it fails.

AL

mtylerfl
01-21-2011, 07:25 PM
This machine takes a lot of patience. just turned it on today, and get a fatal error "3". I used it for the first time last night. It was working fine when I shut it down. Tried different things with turning on and the card.. still same results. I have work to do, and this machine is so darn touchy. I studied all I could before even unpacking it. If I can get this thing to work consistently, I will be happy. Thanks...pat

Hello,

It could be something as simple as running another appliance on the same circuit as the machine. I have two machines...each is on its own dedicated 20 amp circuit with nothing else on them while the machines are running.

I had a customer about 2 years ago-ish getting that type of error, but intermittently...sometimes the machine completed a project...sometimes the error popped up. After a dozen or so questions/answers between us, I finally asked if he had anything else on the same circuit as the machine. Yes - he did! It was an upright freezer. Apparently, if the freezer cycled on during the same time the machine was running a project, it was causing the error due to a "brown out" of the power going to the machine. The solution for him was to put the machine on a different circuit.

Check out your setup and see if that might be a possibility in your case too.

baby15
01-22-2011, 12:41 AM
changed cards with same project running okay for now

baby15
01-22-2011, 12:44 AM
i have a feeling it could be the memory card. had the problem the outher day an i have three cards but did not pay attension to which card have them numbered if it happens again will know

mtylerfl
01-22-2011, 08:05 AM
i have a feeling it could be the memory card. had the problem the outher day an i have three cards but did not pay attension to which card have them numbered if it happens again will know

Glad to hear you are able to run the project now. If it indeed was the memory card, this time of year (winter) usually sees an increase in memory card issues. A couple years ago, one of the CarveWright Techs asked me to include a blurb about this. See the excerpt below, copied from the November 2008 Tips & Tricks...

A TIP from CarveWright Tech Support:
As the weather turns cold and humidity is
down, there is a greater potential for static
discharge to harm your machine and/or
memory card. To avoid “zapping” them,
just touch a light switch cover plate screw
to discharge any static electricity from your
body BEFORE touching your machine or
memory card!

RMarkey
01-24-2011, 08:14 AM
Many people just suggest to 'reformat the memory card', but I also suggest after you do that to re-load the firmware as well. In designer, go to file->flash manager and force it to re-load the firmware.

baby15
01-26-2011, 10:53 PM
will try that