PDA

View Full Version : Proxxon Pen Sander

lostinthefrost
06-14-2010, 07:35 PM
Hello all!!
Does anyone have a Proxxon Pen Sander?

I purchased one a bit over a month ago. It came in a set since you have to use a separate power adapter like an older model train set would have.
I am extremely unimpressed on how the device operates and how it plugs into the power supply. Today I wanted to sand some north side edges on a clock I did just to get the tiny fuzzys off and the pen sander burnt up in less than 4 minutes of being turned on.

I wanted to see if anyone has played with the unit or has any similar experiences. Also to see what everyone else has and recommends for those tiny tight spots...

dbfletcher
06-14-2010, 07:44 PM
I have this one...

http://www.micromark.com/MICRO-SANDER,7704.html?sc=WGB&utm_source=GoogleBase&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=GoogleBase

and like you, im not real impessed... but at least mine is 120v without that silly 12 adapter.

Doug Fletcher

lostinthefrost
06-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Funny that looks identical to this one. I bet it's really the same, but with a better cord. I know it's not going to be as powerful as a dremel or a mouse sander, but I at least wanted something this small with a bit of control.

dbfletcher
06-14-2010, 07:58 PM
It actually might be better than my inital thoughts.. the sand paper you get with it is really cheesy. I keep saying i was going to spray the bak of some good quality sandpaper with 3m spray adhesive and try that.

Doug Fletcher

Ric
06-16-2010, 03:05 AM
I use this sander both for hobbie building and carvings.It works well,except
supplied sand paper is of poor quality. I found that cloth backed AO holds up well. Also, I use a mini die grinder on small areas.However, the 3M wheels go fast .Here is a file for a holder for the sander heads and sand paper.