PDA

View Full Version : Check For Board Problem

Baugher Sign Co
06-14-2010, 12:11 PM
Well, my CarveWright machine has sat for over a year. I had a project to work on and it lets me go through all the steps from choosing the project, it measures the width of the sign and then starts to measure the length. That is where the problems begin. At first it would start moving and then just go back and forth, over and over again until I stop it. I took the rollers out and adjusted the traction belts. Now when it gets to the measuring of the board and the board goes to the first end it says "check For Board Problems". I did a sensor check and the board sensor is working just fine. Don't know where to go from here.

Any help would be appreciated.

Eddie

SteveEJ
06-14-2010, 12:37 PM
Two things..
1 - Check for your 'O' ring on the brass roller. If missing you will need to replace it.
2 - Put masking tape on the edge of the board that makes contact with the brass roller.

Hope this helps.

mtylerfl
06-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Well, my CarveWright machine has sat for over a year. I had a project to work on and it lets me go through all the steps from choosing the project, it measures the width of the sign and then starts to measure the length. That is where the problems begin. At first it would start moving and then just go back and forth, over and over again until I stop it. I took the rollers out and adjusted the traction belts. Now when it gets to the measuring of the board and the board goes to the first end it says "check For Board Problems". I did a sensor check and the board sensor is working just fine. Don't know where to go from here.

Any help would be appreciated.

Eddie

Hello Eddie,

One of the Tips & Tricks goes over a few items to check for board tracking and measurement issues. Perhaps it will help you troubleshoot/solve the problem. Here is the link:
ISSUE 27 January – February 2010 – Maintaining Accurate Board Tracking (http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/tips/CarveWrightTips&Tricks_Jan_Feb10.pdf)

Tom Huhn
06-14-2010, 01:11 PM
I have been having the same problem and I do need a new O ring and I will try putting in a new one. Tom

cnsranch
06-14-2010, 03:10 PM
That is where the problems begin. At first it would start moving and then just go back and forth, over and over again until I stop it.

I've had that problem with a board long enough that it needs additional support on each end. If it's heavy enough, it can cause problems....

Baugher Sign Co
06-14-2010, 03:43 PM
I don't know if it is actually a board tracking problem, I read through the article and this is happening when it is trying to measure the board. The "o" ring is in place, I have adjusted the rollers (making sure they were even from side to side. And I do use roller stands for my longer pieces. I think I am finished trying to get this to work. I believe it is just time to cut my losses and go forward. It seems that there is just always something that is having to be "fixed" with every job. When it works, it is amazing. The problem is that when I need it I end up spending more time working on the thing than actually making the project. It only has 89 hours of cut time on the machine. I think I will post it for sale on a new thread. Thanks for the suggestions.

Eddie

Hello Eddie,

One of the Tips & Tricks goes over a few items to check for board tracking and measurement issues. Perhaps it will help you troubleshoot/solve the problem. Here is the link:
ISSUE 27 January – February 2010 – Maintaining Accurate Board Tracking (http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/tips/CarveWrightTips&Tricks_Jan_Feb10.pdf)

alan.galbraith
06-14-2010, 03:53 PM
could it be the head pressure? I have the same problem, but with mine, it won't do the racheting thing when lowering the head. I haven't been able to get the screw out of the handle to lubricate the clutch mechanism.

Anyhow, If I crank down too tight I get the board measurement problems, but if I can crank it down just right, I am able to do a carve. That is why I am thinking it is the head pressure problem.